Reload this Page >

Coming to Dubai in June!

Coming to Dubai in June!

Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

mda04ta is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Coming to Dubai in June!

Hi,
I'm a 23 year old lad from the UK, currently at Medical School, and i am coming to Dubai in June for a period of 2 months!
So..... i was wondering, where do a lot of the British expats go? Because i'm sure at some point i'm going to want to have something that reminds me of home!
I'll be doing my training at Rashid hospital in Dubai, and i know absolutely nobody in Dubai, so if i got to make a few new friends (preferably around my age of course!) to show me round Dubai, where we can go out etc, it would be much appreciated.

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated, and u can email me to
[email protected]

many thanks
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming to Dubai in June!

Rashid Hospital eh, now that should be an eye opener for you. try www.timeoutdubai.com for what's going on etc.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's hope you are expecting hundreds of labourers from the Indian sub-contractors with injuries sustained from construction site accidents, road traffic accidents and heat exhaustion. If so, you won't be disappointed.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:05 am
Just Joined

grog is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Coming to Dubai in June!

Hi,

Well you could start with an evening at Barasti Bar(may be Thurs or Friday) everyone slates this place but strangely these are the same people that go there, its just a Dubai thing!! If you can’t meet people at Barasti you must have two heads or worse
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:49 am
Just Joined

mda04ta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys thanks so much for ure replies, im definitely coming now, so will look forward to trying out the places u have mentioned!
can i be cheeky and ask if anyone knows of any apartments to rent near the hospital?
thanks!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

grog is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Coming to Dubai in June!

Hi,

The rates for apartments are falling rapidly so my advice would be get a base then have a good look around. In the short term, a friend of mine said he is staying at the Holiday in Express by the port rashid dry docks for 333 dirhams per night which is good for a new hotel and should be close to the hospital
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mda04ta View Post
Hey guys thanks so much for ure replies, im definitely coming now, so will look forward to trying out the places u have mentioned!
can i be cheeky and ask if anyone knows of any apartments to rent near the hospital?
thanks!

try Healthcare City apartments