Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Coming back to Dubai after leaving Debt?

Coming back to Dubai after leaving Debt?

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:10 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coming back to Dubai after leaving Debt?

Well...your brave..however it can be done.

Firstly the airport check not only your name but also your DOB and passport number.

Therefore, simply changing your passport wont help you.

It is possible though to change your name by deedpoll (costs very little) and apply for a new passport.

(make sure the name is no close resemblance to your old name)
Even after doing this, it would still be advisable to fly in via Abu Dhabi

This method wont work if you have been registered on the retina scanner, also when you back in Dubai...dont register for egate...

More Top tips later
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:57 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming back to Dubai after leaving Debt?

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers

Firstly the airport check not only your name but also your DOB and passport number.

It is possible though to change your name by deedpoll (costs very little) and apply for a new passport.

This method wont work if you have been registered on the retina scanner, also when you back in Dubai...dont register for egate...

More Top tips later
I always knew there were people out there that like that whole rubber gloved hand up the bum
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:39 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I always knew there were people out there that like that whole rubber gloved hand up the bum
Try anything once......but not on a first date...
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers

More Top tips later
Well they must be really bad at their job then. I left debts to the bank probably used the most by brits in the UAE a few years ago.

i have been through passport control plenty of times (Maybe 25 times?) since then with both my old passport and my new one i got last year. never has a word been uttered.

God bless inefficiency