British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Come on BE'ers, TALK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/come-beers-talk-446204/)

MJC Apr 30th 2007 6:51 pm

Come on BE'ers, TALK

Just wondeering where you all are!

Autonomy Apr 30th 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Come on BE'ers, TALK

Originally Posted by MJC (Post 4719213)

avoiding ewe.... :)

MJC Apr 30th 2007 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 4719246)
avoiding ewe.... :)

Hardly surprising!

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 30th 2007 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by MJC (Post 4719213)

Apres

Blue Cat May 1st 2007 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 4719640)
Apres

Mojitos? :)

arbroath_abroad May 1st 2007 5:20 am

away and have a conversation with this guy:unsure:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FdpqH1_EC7A

Blue Cat May 1st 2007 6:17 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4721486)
away and have a conversation with this guy:unsure:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FdpqH1_EC7A

karma sent! very funny! :rofl:

twinkle-star May 1st 2007 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4721591)
karma sent! very funny! :rofl:

What was it ?? Have I missed something?:confused:

Meow May 1st 2007 8:08 am

I'm in London on business.

What did you want to talk about? I can tell you that every time I come back (every 6-8 weeks) I feel less like returning here.

Blue Cat May 1st 2007 8:21 am

what's up Meow? I hear the weather is supposed to be good. Not as good as here but you can't have everything. :)

Madam Medusa May 1st 2007 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 4721965)
I'm in London on business.

What did you want to talk about? I can tell you that every time I come back (every 6-8 weeks) I feel less like returning here.

oh poor you...and here's me moaning about having to go back once a year ;)

MM, xx

Meow May 1st 2007 8:50 am

Oh the weather is very nice, but London is so grubby. I like catching up with my friends, but travelling around is a pain (I'm a bit spoilt as I usually work from home) and everything seems so expensive. I came over with my chap on Thursday & we went up to Manchester over the weekend to see other friends & family. The cost of petrol is horrendous & he was horrified by the cost of coffees, sandwiches & general incidentals. He goes home today, but I'm here until the end of the week.

I just prefer my life in Dubai. I actually find it less stressful. Being here has made my stomasch ulcer flare up & I am mainlining Gaviscon to keep going. Clearly this isn't helping! :unsure:

It's not that bad, but after a few days I am always keen to get home. I think I may now prefer Manchester to London too.

:)

Lexylou May 1st 2007 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 4722117)
Oh the weather is very nice, but London is so grubby. I like catching up with my friends, but travelling around is a pain (I'm a bit spoilt as I usually work from home) and everything seems so expensive. I came over with my chap on Thursday & we went up to Manchester over the weekend to see other friends & family. The cost of petrol is horrendous & he was horrified by the cost of coffees, sandwiches & general incidentals. He goes home today, but I'm here until the end of the week.

I just prefer my life in Dubai. I actually find it less stressful. Being here has made my stomasch ulcer flare up & I am mainlining Gaviscon to keep going. Clearly this isn't helping! :unsure:

It's not that bad, but after a few days I am always keen to get home. I think I may now prefer Manchester to London too.

London makes me depressed. I have to go down once a month for work and I HATE it. The second I land back at Edinburgh airport then make the drive north to Perthshire I feel relief and feel I can breathe clean air again.

L expensive, dirty, dirty, crowded, expensive, dirty

Blue Cat May 1st 2007 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 4722117)

four years ago we took a xmas shopping trip to London from here, we booked to see We will rock you - which was fab! we spent a fortune and vowed never to go back ever again. Coffee was about 4 quid a cup and it was awful. I beinga complete and utter child was excited about seeing the xmas trees in harrods - NONE!! it upsets the non christians, no christmas stamps - it upsets the non christians - it was driving me nuts. We came back here and spent a wonderfully festive time in Wafi admiring all the lovely decs and I went to see Santa to get my free teddy which was totally unnecessary as I was actually work there at the time !! :p

littlejimmy May 1st 2007 12:50 pm

I am talking. Can't you hear me?