Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Collection Agencies unlawful Tactics in Dubai

Collection Agencies unlawful Tactics in Dubai

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:46 am
Just Joined

rgaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Collection Agencies unlawful Tactics in Dubai

Having been away from Dubai for 3 years I am well aware of the Debt I owe and make every effort with the banks to pay back what I can monthly to ensure over time it is paid back. I have all the contacts like they have my contacts and I have not run away from my Debt like some people do. Now I am getting very angry and I will take action against these collection agents with the tactics they use and the stories I have read in how they treat people. It is against the federal collection law for the tactics they use and they are causing a large problem for the banks. Bilkish being the worse, Tahseel, TrustDC I am sure there are more but one word is DISGRACEFUL.
They have called and emailed every work place that I have been at even though they have my details trying to cause problems which actually makes me laugh because they are putting themselves in grave danger and then calling friends and family to further put themselves in danger of going against the law.

I refuse to pay anything now until these collection agencies and there agents are brought to justice and that there methods are reviewed and sorted.

Let this be a message to you are I am not afraid and never will be. I am guessing half of you are in debt in Dubai and many of you working there are from India, Phillipines and Pakistan which further makes me laugh

Mr Gaine
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Collection Agencies unlawful Tactics in Dubai

Originally Posted by rgaine
I am guessing half of you are in debt in Dubai and many of you working there are from India, Phillipines and Pakistan which further makes me laugh
Why, what's funny?
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 10:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

And the point of your post is?
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 11:12 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Interesting first post for someone who's been a member for 6 months.

To the OP, surely if you keep to your agreement to repay with the banks then they wouldn't have passed it on to an agency (as that costs them more money).

How are the callers putting themselves in grave (as in at risk of death), danger?

Whilst I'm sure most on here don't approve if the techniques the agencies use, there's nothing you can do about it apart from complaining to the central bank.

Will you do that from England? Probably not.

PS. How do they find out which clients you work for and also who your family and friends are? Perhaps they're "friends" on Facebook....
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs down Re: Collection Agencies unlawful Tactics in Dubai

Of course they put themselves and the banks in danger by breaching data protection!!

I have already done something yes and its not the central bank its with my lawyer here in the UK and also the Fair Debt Collection practices in the USA

They use any social media which they can do but they cannot use the information like they are which is disgraceful.

It makes me laugh because they will try anything and the stories I read of how they treat people is wrong.

I have done my research long enough and I know where I stand. The funny things is you mention about me paying the banks so the agencies shouldn't be bothering me EXACTLY !!!!!! that's how stupid and crazy they are.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 12:23 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Of course they put themselves and the banks in danger by breaching data protection!!

I have already done something yes and its not the central bank its with my lawyer here in the UK and also the Fair Debt Collection practices in the USA

They use any social media which they can do but they cannot use the information like they are which is disgraceful.

It makes me laugh because they will try anything and the stories I read of how they treat people is wrong.

I have done my research long enough and I know where I stand. The funny things is you mention about me paying the banks so the agencies shouldn't be bothering me EXACTLY !!!!!! that's how stupid and crazy they are.
you could of course just pay the ****ing money you owe them.

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

If you read Shiva money is being paid you numpty !! read the messages
Old Aug 24th 2013, 1:57 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If you read Shiva money is being paid you numpty !! read the messages
But if you are repaying the debts as you claim, why on earth would the banks be chasing you for payment?

You might also want to be aware of the libel laws in the UAE. Just a thought when you try to 'name and shame' companies based here.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

When you see the way these people talk to you like a dog I'm sorry my respect goes out of the window and my point is exactly that I am paying money so why the Hell are these agencies trying to contact me via different methods. Totally wrong and when I read on the forums of how they treat people and scare them it's amazing that they are allowed to operate. I have many friends in Dubai and the stories I hear are shocking about these agents
Old Aug 24th 2013, 3:47 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

When you see the way these people talk to you like a dog I'm sorry my respect goes out of the window and my point is exactly that I am paying money so why the Hell are these agencies trying to contact me via different methods. Totally wrong and when I read on the forums of how they treat people and scare them it's amazing that they are allowed to operate. I have many friends in Dubai and the stories I hear are shocking about these agents
have you cleared the debt?
No
Then shut up and pay up, its really that simple
when you have cleared the debt you wil have a right to complain about harassment before that its one of the prices you pay for being a **** and ****ing off without paying your debts.
now man up and **** off
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:42 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I have no debts but I have been called by these people looking for people I worked with years ago - no idea how they got my details.

Last week I was called by one from RAK Bank who was asking about someone I barely knew who was in the same company as me twelve years ago. I told them politely I haven't had any contact with that person for a decade so calling me to ask about them was useless.

The charmer on the other end of the phone then asked if I would be prepared to pay some money to 'help stop the case' that they were making against him for 'old times sake'. My response was to tell them they are insane, don't call me again and I'm sending their number to my Etisalat contact and the police and hung up.

It was either a scam or they are getting very desperate to get anything to clear these debts people build up. Either way it was quite disgusting how they carry on.

N.