Reload this Page >

Collecting dog at Jeddah, KSA - Lufthansa air cargo

Collecting dog at Jeddah, KSA - Lufthansa air cargo

Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:15 am
Just Joined

kevster_kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Collecting dog at Jeddah, KSA - Lufthansa air cargo

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered, but my search of the site has no results so here goes…
We recently moved a university north of Jeddah, and with some help from import agents on both sides, and our sponsors here we are in the final stages of shipping our dog to Jeddah, via Frankfurt on Lufthansa. All the paperwork is done, vet work, cargo acceptance, OK to forward, import permits etc… I just have one question that I wonder if anyone on here has experience this.

I am due to go the the airport tonight to collect my 'cargo' tonight. I understand that I need to go to the cargo clearance, customs and quarantine when I get to the airport.

Has anyone reading this ever collected a dog from Jeddah airport. If so where did you report to first when you got onto the airport grounds. Is it just as simple as following the signs for "cargo"? Is there separate cargo for Saudi air (South terminal) and Lufthansa/all the others (north terminal). Should I head to the North terminal first then figure it out from there???

I know these are vague questions, I guess I am looking for someone who has been through this before who can say something like… "Yes my dog flew in via Lufthansa to Jeddah, when I went to the airport I followed the signs to XXXXXX, and went to the XXXXX building first"

Thanks and sorry for the rambling message!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Collecting dog at Jeddah, KSA - Lufthansa air cargo

Surely your cargo agents is doing all this for you ? It sounds like you are about to be dropped into the Byzantine process that is importation in KSA plus animal importation for good measure.

Lufthansa Cargo in Jeddah appears to be handled by Saudia so you will probably need to go to the Saudia Cargo Terminal at the airport.

If you have a cargo agent get hold of them first.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

No idea, but your dog is going to go mental when it sees you! I hope you have a nice bit pigs ear for it- erm ok not a pigs ear but a nice treat for it.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

kevster_kev is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies folks.
Yes hoofie, completely agree, however the people who did the import permit have now decided to close for the summer, leaving us the pleasure of navigating this last phase on our own.
The good news is that we did manage to successfully collect him over the weekend.
For anyone else finding this thread we basically went to the airport, followed and the signs to cargo. Once at the cargo terminal there are 2 main gates, we went in the fist one, then headed over to the import office located in loading bay 18. From there the process flowed through in that unique Saudi way.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevster_kev
Yes hoofie, completely agree, however the people who did the import permit have now decided to close for the summer, leaving us the pleasure of navigating this last phase on our own.
The good news is that we did manage to successfully collect him over the weekend.
For anyone else finding this thread we basically went to the airport, followed and the signs to cargo. Once at the cargo terminal there are 2 main gates, we went in the fist one, then headed over to the import office located in loading bay 18. From there the process flowed through in that unique Saudi way.
I'm still puzzled about how you moved a whole university................
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevster_kev
I was waiting to hear what would happen! - I'm glad it went ok for you in the end.