Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Clerical v Engineer visa Q

Clerical v Engineer visa Q

Old Jan 3rd 2015, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clerical v Engineer visa Q

In my experience of 14 years here, and with having "Business Man", "Manager" and "Archives Clerk" on various Visa`s, not the slightest bit of difference! If you want to get a private medical then you pay for that service, not because you have "Manager" on your Visa. As I said quite often people end up with "Archives Clerk" as the Company just wants to process the Visa as quickly as possible, especially when someone might be having difficulty obtaining their original degree certificates.
As long as the salary is as agreed then personally I do not care what it states on the Visa.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

then we shall agree to disagree. i didnt say anything about private medical and having manager will make it quicker... i said it makes a difference with regarding the salary and whether you can transfer jobs more easier etc with having manager on your status.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 6:28 pm
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

Its very common to have a different job title on the resident Visa in the Gulf. I am in that situation in KSA. It suited the company (quicker) to bring me in as a technician instead of a Manager. I know from previous experience with asian colleagues that they always prefer to have a "profession" on their visa to avoid labour bans if they leave their current employer. I have also heard them having problems visiting other GCC states on visits unless their visa is depicting a profession.

In general it has not caused me problems but it can be useful to have the better title on the resident visa if you have to deal with officialdom and for example dealing with redtape airport security departments etc etc or something like that. Influence in Saudi Arabia does make a difference.

UAE Visa: No Labour ban in UAE on Sponsor Transfer
Old Jan 5th 2015, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Jimmy B is an unknown quantity at this point

As Smillingcamel said, here in UAE it used to be the case that certain professions used to be exempt from Labour Bans and so it was important to have the correct job title on your visa.

This is becoming less of a problem now but could still cause you issues if you want to change employers. For everything else it does not appear to matter what is on your visa.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimmy B
As Smillingcamel said, here in UAE it used to be the case that certain professions used to be exempt from Labour Bans and so it was important to have the correct job title on your visa.

This is becoming less of a problem now but could still cause you issues if you want to change employers. For everything else it does not appear to matter what is on your visa.
not always sometimes even if you are one of the exempted you can still get a ban, i have known of an engineer to be banned but he was leaving the uae for good so wasnt worth the hassle.