Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Civil Defence Certificate AD

Civil Defence Certificate AD

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:38 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Civil Defence Certificate AD

Which, I think, is the one that confirms your fire alarm system, fire exits and the like are in order. Whose responsibility: landlord or tenant (this is in a business context)?

Getting conflicting reports (ie we're telling our landlord its theirs, they're telling us its ours).
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Civil Defence Certificate AD

You will need to read the Tenancy agreement I should think.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Which, I think, is the one that confirms your fire alarm system, fire exits and the like are in order. Whose responsibility: landlord or tenant (this is in a business context)?

Getting conflicting reports (ie we're telling our landlord its theirs, they're telling us its ours).
In Dubai it is the tenant's responsibility, both business and private, the municipality or civil defense come round to check.
They also check villas, I had a visit from the civil defense and they wanted to know if I had fire blankets/extinguishers etc and they said that they had to inspect the villa. I told them that they were more than welcome to enter my villa but, I had a huge Doberman who did not take kindly to being disturbed when he was taking his nap..they declined to enter and just gave me a signed form

edit to add.... if you are renting a commercial property it is the landlord's responsibility to make sure that there are fire exits
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
You will need to read the Tenancy agreement I should think.
Its silent on that point.