Christmas....

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:05 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas....

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Hi Novita

I don't miss the UK as a whole, as I call myself a misplaced person and am in search of a base. Hoping that Dubai will give it to me. As I wasn't born in the UK and only moved there to be with my love, I have no real attachements. My best memories are from there and I miss my friends and some conveniences. The same goes for Switzerland, where I was born but never felt at home. I have never lived in my parents home country and therefore have nothing to miss there, despite loving to visit. I love the following saying but sadly, it doesn't work for me but it does for many:

Never forget the homeland, where your cradle stood,
you will never find again, another place you can call home.

I hope it makes sense, as I translated it from German. Original version for those who speak German:

Vergesse nie die Heimat, wo Deine Wiege stand,
Du findest in ther Ferne, nie ein zweites Heimatland.

Every country has something beautiful and difficult to offer. Each individual has to find out what suits their demands and dreams for a decent future best.

As for Xmas, yes, my first time in the sun too. I used to miss snow in Switzerland when I was in the UK but I will not miss the rain and the fog from the UK. My parents and some of their friends will be over. Very excited about my dad coming as he is equally excited. My mum, thats a long story .... Just wish me luck!
PT... I just wondering how many languages do u speaks?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:08 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Yes, I even turn blue to!!! Im waiting with baited breath to see what prime has to offer over the fesitve season. Not much I dont think
You never know, they did have Children in Need on the other night!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:31 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kristy
You never know, they did have Children in Need on the other night!
Im hoping for some good tv viewing as in the uk, for the kids mainly.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by novita77
PT... I just wondering how many languages do u speaks?

10 and have just started on tackling number 11 (Arabic) but am finding it really challenging!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:22 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

10 and have just started on tackling number 11 (Arabic) but am finding it really challenging!
Never!!!! :scared: Bloody hell!!! I am struggling with my english... and you speaks 10 languages??? You are not joking are you???
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Never!!!! :scared: Bloody hell!!! I am struggling with my english... and you speaks 10 languages??? You are not joking are you???

No, I am not kidding but having grown up in Switzerland it was pretty essential to learn as many languages as possible to have a good career chance. A good diploma isn't good enough, as people usually end up studying very hard in a small country and you just have to keep one step ahead.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:49 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Yes, I even turn blue to!!! Im waiting with baited breath to see what prime has to offer over the fesitve season. Not much I dont think

Is that TV??? I don't have Prime I only have crap from Sahmnet
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:51 am
rafter

No, I am not kidding but having grown up in Switzerland it was pretty essential to learn as many languages as possible to have a good career chance. A good diploma isn't good enough, as people usually end up studying very hard in a small country and you just have to keep one step ahead.
What are the languages you speak then?

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jellybean

You can get BBC Prime from Sahmnet on Orbit but everything has its price and not sure it is really worth the extra, or get it for free per satelite like me.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rafter
What are the languages you speak then?

Well, I suspect you beat Novita in her curiosity. Here it goes:

1. Czech
2. Slovak
3. Swiss German
4. German
5. French
6. Italian
7. Spanish
8. English
9. Russian
10. Farsi (Iranian)
11. Arabic (numbers from 1-10)
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:03 pm
rafter

You can get BBC Prime from Sahmnet on Orbit but everything has its price and not sure it is really worth the extra, or get it for free per satelite like me.
i thought sahmnet said we weren't allowed to put satellites on our houses?

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Me too - and it really is SHITE. We got an offer of the whole Showtime package free for 2 weeks a while back - EVEN MORE SHITE!!! Just 3 channels showing Buffy, Charmed etc instead of 1. Wish I had BBC Prime - any ideas on how we could get it from Sahm JB?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:14 pm
semarang

Well, I suspect you beat Novita in her curiosity. Here it goes:

1. Czech
2. Slovak
3. Swiss German
4. German
5. French
6. Italian
7. Spanish
8. English
9. Russian
10. Farsi (Iranian)
11. Arabic (numbers from 1-10)
PT i only speaks 5 :

Indonesian,
English,
Australian,
American,
Canadian...

lol...

Honest... u r really clever...!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:56 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Me too - and it really is SHITE. We got an offer of the whole Showtime package free for 2 weeks a while back - EVEN MORE SHITE!!! Just 3 channels showing Buffy, Charmed etc instead of 1. Wish I had BBC Prime - any ideas on how we could get it from Sahm JB?

No idea unless buy a satellite from Africa......that's what we are gonna do before I tear ALL my hair out.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:57 pm
Banned

PT i only speaks 5 :

Indonesian,
English,
Australian,
American,
Canadian...

lol...

Honest... u r really clever...!!!

You forgot Scotish and Irish LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.