Christmas....

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:31 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas....

Originally Posted by kristy
Morning Novita!

I'll be spending Christmas back in the UK. Actually, I'm moving back to the UK on 23rd December.

And Im the excess baggage!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:32 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jellybean
:scared: Moving back :scared: Must get Xmas drinks in before that then LOL

Morning Novita
Yep, one month to go! I've been on the Moving Back to the UK forum getting people to say nice things about the UK, cos it was getting depressing with the number of 'I'm moving over and I'm so excited' and 'The UK sucks I'm glad I don't live there any more' type posts.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:33 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
And Im the excess baggage!!!!!
Heh heh, I've got loads of baggage allowance so I might be able to squeeze you in!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:34 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Novita!

I'll be spending Christmas back in the UK. Actually, I'm moving back to the UK on 23rd December.
How abt ur other half? Are u going to left him behind???
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:35 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, one month to go! I've been on the Moving Back to the UK forum getting people to say nice things about the UK, cos it was getting depressing with the number of 'I'm moving over and I'm so excited' and 'The UK sucks I'm glad I don't live there any more' type posts.
Just wondering... do u ever miss UK? How abt JB? I know Heart always on about missing the UK...
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:39 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by novita77
How abt ur other half? Are u going to left him behind???
Yeah, shit happens.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:47 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering... do u ever miss UK? How abt JB? I know Heart always on about missing the UK...

The Uk is my home and has been all my life, there is nothing wrong with missing the familiaralrity of the Uk, the convienence of everything.

Im here because I love my hubby and I followed him cos of his work. Im getting use the way of life here, but I will still have a gripe from time to time.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:49 am
Troublemaker

Yeah I do sometimes. At least you can get most things in the shops. But not round-toed shoes, Dubai takes a while to catch up on the fashion stakes.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:55 am
Troublemaker

The Uk is my home and has been all my life, there is nothing wrong with missing the familiaralrity of the Uk, the convienence of everything.

Im here because I love my hubby and I followed him cos of his work. Im getting use the way of life here, but I will still have a gripe from time to time.
And the heat gets boring after a while. I've always liked the cold, which is good as my next job will take me into Scandinavia, Russia, Poland etc!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:55 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I always miss home, the familiarity, family, snow, socks a fluffy slippers etc. I never get bored of going home to visit, I can't say that I want to move back there yet though but I would like to retire there.

Kristy....just so we know, what is JC like when he is "like a bear with a sore head" just so we can prepare LOL
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:57 am
Troublemaker

Yeah I always miss home, the familiarity, family, snow, socks a fluffy slippers etc. I never get bored of going home to visit, I can't say that I want to move back there yet though but I would like to retire there.

Kristy....just so we know, what is JC like when he is "like a bear with a sore head" just so we can prepare LOL
I have no idea!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Hi Novita

I don't miss the UK as a whole, as I call myself a misplaced person and am in search of a base. Hoping that Dubai will give it to me. As I wasn't born in the UK and only moved there to be with my love, I have no real attachements. My best memories are from there and I miss my friends and some conveniences. The same goes for Switzerland, where I was born but never felt at home. I have never lived in my parents home country and therefore have nothing to miss there, despite loving to visit. I love the following saying but sadly, it doesn't work for me but it does for many:

Never forget the homeland, where your cradle stood,
you will never find again, another place you can call home.

I hope it makes sense, as I translated it from German. Original version for those who speak German:

Vergesse nie die Heimat, wo Deine Wiege stand,
Du findest in ther Ferne, nie ein zweites Heimatland.

Every country has something beautiful and difficult to offer. Each individual has to find out what suits their demands and dreams for a decent future best.

As for Xmas, yes, my first time in the sun too. I used to miss snow in Switzerland when I was in the UK but I will not miss the rain and the fog from the UK. My parents and some of their friends will be over. Very excited about my dad coming as he is equally excited. My mum, thats a long story .... Just wish me luck!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:05 am

And the heat gets boring after a while. I've always liked the cold, which is good as my next job will take me into Scandinavia, Russia, Poland etc!
I said that the world is your oyster!!! The closest I get to cold wether is turning the AC down and putting on my thick jumper!

I winter woolies, thick socks and all that goes with it.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:36 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

I said that the world is your oyster!!! The closest I get to cold wether is turning the AC down and putting on my thick jumper!

I winter woolies, thick socks and all that goes with it.

Something like this
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:58 am

Something like this

Yes, I even turn blue to!!! Im waiting with baited breath to see what prime has to offer over the fesitve season. Not much I dont think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.