British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Christmas.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/christmas-267869/)

novita77 Nov 21st 2004 5:12 pm

Christmas....

I am just wondering... Who will be spending xmas in the ME and who will going home for xmas?

Heart of gold Nov 22nd 2004 2:31 am

Re: Christmas....

Originally Posted by novita77
I am just wondering... Who will be spending xmas in the ME and who will going home for xmas?

Morning Novita. I will be here in the ME this year, gonna be strange having sunshine on Xmas day, when what I would really like is the cold, wet and windy weather.
With family coming out, I am to make the best of it! :)

Jellybean Nov 22nd 2004 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Morning Novita. I will be here in the ME this year, gonna be strange having sunshine on Xmas day, when what I would really like is the cold, wet and windy weather.

Me too, I am here and have family coming out SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited :D

Heart of gold Nov 22nd 2004 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Jellybean

Morning Jools, Just sent you a long email .. Enjoy! :)

Heart of gold Nov 22nd 2004 3:32 am

What did you do for your son's 12th Birthday in the end?:)

Truth Speak Nov 22nd 2004 3:57 am

Spending Xmas in Dubai - got the motherinlaw staying for 2 weeks - won't say any more on the grounds that I want to make it to 2005!! :eek:

Jellybean Nov 22nd 2004 4:47 am

Morning Jools, Just sent you a long email .. Enjoy! :)

Got it will send karma in payment as soon as I can, thanks :D

Jellybean Nov 22nd 2004 4:52 am

What did you do for your son's 12th Birthday in the end?:)

First off he got an Xbox, which almost broke the bank :eek: he wanted a new bike AS WELL!!!! Bless, kids today huh.

Anyway, we had 9 friends round for the morning...out playing with cars LOL :p Then we all went to watch Sharks Tale, really good, and saw all the trailers for the up and coming movies for Xmas.....sooo excited LOL. Then we all headed down to Hard Rock, where we had a bun fight, cream cake in the face etc.. A friend for a sleep-over, watching movies with pop-corn 'til VERY late. He was happy, hubby and I were....ready for a large wine :D

How about yours?

Jellybean Nov 22nd 2004 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Spending Xmas in Dubai - got the motherinlaw staying for 2 weeks - won't say any more on the grounds that I want to make it to 2005!! :eek:

BIG brownie points if you do LOL :D

Heart of gold Nov 22nd 2004 5:02 am

First off he got an Xbox, which almost broke the bank :eek: he wanted a new bike AS WELL!!!! Bless, kids today huh.

Anyway, we had 9 friends round for the morning...out playing with cars LOL :p Then we all went to watch Sharks Tale, really good, and saw all the trailers for the up and coming movies for Xmas.....sooo excited LOL. Then we all headed down to Hard Rock, where we had a bun fight, cream cake in the face etc.. A friend for a sleep-over, watching movies with pop-corn 'til VERY late. He was happy, hubby and I were....ready for a large wine :D

How about yours?

A huge cake from P & S, groovy chick design, the bakery manager stood chatting for over half hour and it turns out he lived in the next village down from us in somerset!

Treated to a french manicure and a had her hair done, god she looked older than 12 years. Friends over, take out kentucky as requested, she enjoyed her day doing what she wanted, lots of nice pressies gosh times have changed havent they!

Jellybean Nov 22nd 2004 5:14 am

A huge cake from P & S, groovy chick design, the bakery manager stood chatting for over half hour and it turns out he lived in the next village down from us in somerset!

Treated to a french manicure and a had her hair done, god she looked older than 12 years. Friends over, take out kentucky as requested, she enjoyed her day doing what she wanted, lots of nice pressies gosh times have changed havent they!

I can't ever remember having a birthday party when I was little let alone a cake. I had 3 older brothers and neither did they, mum & dad must have thought if they do it for one they would have to do it for all....they just couldn't afford it. I never complained, I always got a card and a pressie of some description :)

kristy Nov 22nd 2004 5:17 am

I can't ever remember having a birthday party when I was little let alone a cake. I had 3 older brothers and neither did they, mum & dad must have thought if they do it for one they would have to do it for all....they just couldn't afford it. I never complained, I always got a card and a pressie of some description :)

My mum banned birthday parties after a fight broke out at my 5th birthday!!! After that me and my brother were allowed a few, carefully selected and approved, friends to take out to the cinema/bowling/ice skating etc.

novita77 Nov 22nd 2004 5:19 am

Morning Heart, JB and Kristy.... morning everybody.... :D

kristy Nov 22nd 2004 5:20 am

Originally Posted by novita77
Morning Heart, JB and Kristy.... morning everybody.... :D

Morning Novita!

I'll be spending Christmas back in the UK. Actually, I'm moving back to the UK on 23rd December.

Jellybean Nov 22nd 2004 5:22 am

Originally Posted by kristy
Morning Novita!

I'll be spending Christmas back in the UK. Actually, I'm moving back to the UK on 23rd December.

:scared: Moving back :scared: Must get Xmas drinks in before that then LOL

Morning Novita :)