Christians in UAE

Old Jan 31st 2007, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

IrishAndy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christians in UAE

Hey guys,

I'm currently working in the UK under training as an Air Traffic Controller and am thinking about moving to the UAE in a few years (after gaining the requisite experience!).
My question may seem a strange one, but I am a practicing Chrisitian and was wondering if there are any Christian churches out there? Protestant ones preferrably!! And also, are there many Christian communities?

Thanks very much!

Andy.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:21 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christians in UAE

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
Hey guys,

I'm currently working in the UK under training as an Air Traffic Controller and am thinking about moving to the UAE in a few years (after gaining the requisite experience!).
My question may seem a strange one, but I am a practicing Chrisitian and was wondering if there are any Christian churches out there? Protestant ones preferrably!! And also, are there many Christian communities?

Thanks very much!

Andy.
Yes, there are places of Christian worship, at least there are in Dubai.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Check out this site

Saint Marys Dubai.com/

This church is down town Bur Dubai

There is another in Jebal Ali out of town called Christ Church.

They tend to do all denominations in the one church, just different times of the day. They also allow other smaller religions to use the other hall in grounds.

The goverment is open to people practicing there religions just as long as the don't preach about it in public.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

The Christians played in Jim Dix not so long ago...very nice....
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
The Christians played in Jim Dix not so long ago...very nice....
did you go MH?? I used to love them...

MM, xx
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 5:14 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
did you go MH?? I used to love them...

MM, xx
yes, I did and it was nice, bit chaotic, but they played all their hits, it was a very intimate setting, only about a 100 people....and he was wearing his sunglasses....
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
....and he was wearing his sunglasses....
ooohhhhh now you're talking

MM, xx
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:11 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Benson
Check out this site

Saint Marys Dubai.com/

This church is down town Bur Dubai

There is another in Jebal Ali out of town called Christ Church.

They tend to do all denominations in the one church, just different times of the day. They also allow other smaller religions to use the other hall in grounds.

The goverment is open to people practicing there religions just as long as the don't preach about it in public.
Actually there is kind of a big faith centre at Jebel Ali with several churches/worship halls. I think more to cater for different languages/ethnicites perhaps than different denominations, but it could be either.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Just head over to www.DubaiReligionCity.ae - they've got over 50 religions in 1 gigantic mega-development, now with drive-in service. A sectarian buffet!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:06 pm