British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Chinese Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/chinese-visa-512294/)

DavidUK Feb 6th 2008 3:42 pm

Chinese Visa

Hello...

I just posted regarding a Visa query for myself and now I have a query regarding my girlfriends visa.

My girlfriend is a Chinese national, on a Chinese passport. We are getting married at the end of this year but in the meantime, how difficult is it for a chinese national to get a visa for Dubai. She would be a visior and perhaps would look to work later on.

Thanks

The Dean Feb 6th 2008 3:49 pm

Re: Chinese Visa

Originally Posted by DavidUK (Post 5894681)
Hello...

I just posted regarding a Visa query for myself and now I have a query regarding my girlfriends visa.

My girlfriend is a Chinese national, on a Chinese passport. We are getting married at the end of this year but in the meantime, how difficult is it for a chinese national to get a visa for Dubai. She would be a visior and perhaps would look to work later on.

Thanks

I absolutely refuse to reply to any enquiry about Chinese girls working in Dubai, on the grounds that I will get emasculated by the BoredNazi.

Someone else can reply to this one.

DavidUK Feb 6th 2008 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5894700)
I absolutely refuse to reply to any enquiry about Chinese girls working in Dubai, on the grounds that I will get emasculated by the BoredNazi.

Someone else can reply to this one.

Careful fella... we're talking about my wife here!

Inselaffen Feb 6th 2008 4:02 pm

Once you are married you will be able to sponsor her. before then it is going to be very very difficult!

Live for now Feb 6th 2008 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by DavidUK (Post 5894719)
Careful fella... we're talking about my wife here!

Thought you mentioned future wife?

DavidUK Feb 6th 2008 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by lookinatdubai (Post 5894891)
Thought you mentioned future wife?

I did... one in the same person. She is my wife in all but law haha.

YZFR1 Feb 7th 2008 6:41 am

A tourist visa can be obtained very easily, no problem at all. Only lasts for 30 days and then needs to be renewed. Can be renewed but you may start to encounter difficulties with the renewal process.
Best to get her here, get married here and then sponsor her yourself as spouse.

Inselaffen Feb 7th 2008 6:50 am

Originally Posted by YZFR1 (Post 5897813)
A tourist visa can be obtained very easily, no problem at all. Only lasts for 30 days and then needs to be renewed. Can be renewed but you may start to encounter difficulties with the renewal process.
Best to get her here, get married here and then sponsor her yourself as spouse.

For Chinese citizens?? doubt that is the case! who will sponsor her?

Old Lob Feb 7th 2008 8:31 am

Hello...

She would be a visior and .

Thanks

Would that be a Grand Visior or was that Jap or some boat people stuff...???

YZFR1 Feb 7th 2008 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5897836)
For Chinese citizens?? doubt that is the case! who will sponsor her?

Absolutely no question of doubt, I have done it myself several times for Chinese nationals and Thai nationals.
It takes one email with duly completed forms attached, and takes about 3 days max normally to obtain the visa.

Inselaffen Feb 7th 2008 9:02 am

Originally Posted by YZFR1 (Post 5898234)
Absolutely no question of doubt, I have done it myself several times for Chinese nationals and Thai nationals.
It takes one email with duly completed forms attached, and takes about 3 days max normally to obtain the visa.

good news for the OP then :thumbup:

The Dean Feb 7th 2008 5:13 pm

Hello...

Thanks

The only trouble with getting a Chinese visa is that an hour later you feel like getting another one........

baiyun Jul 2nd 2008 11:20 pm

Hi David,

I want to work in Dubai, my girlfriend is chinese Im british, did you get it sorted for hadhow ?

Cheer's

m british

Hello...

Thanks

MonsterP Mar 30th 2009 3:40 am

Hello...

Thanks

Hi David,
How did you get on with this? I can't send you a private message unfortunately. I'm British, my gf is Chinese, and I might be moving to DXB from Shanghai soon. So I want to know if I can bring her in on a visit visa (or is she likely to be refused?). Also, more importantly, could we both get married in Dubai after I have my residency?
Appreciate your story or anyone else's feedback.
Cheers!

Norm_uk Mar 30th 2009 4:33 am

I just spoke to a good chinese friend of mine who's a PA for some overpaid CEO here - she told me that her visa was sorted by her company before she arrived and that the only other way to get a visa for Chinese nationals would be a tourist visa through one of the hotels.

I think everyone with a Chinese girlfriend who has posted here should consider marrying them before coming over - then they can be sponsored on a husband's visa after the gents find work. Or if your lady in question can get a job offer before she comes over her company will take care of the visa problem.

Chinese woman unfortunately have a somewhat tarnished reputation in the UAE as most of the Chinese women here seem to not be working in daytime jobs if you catch my drift!

N.