Reload this Page >

Children's Toys in Riyadh

Children's Toys in Riyadh

Old Jul 4th 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

ExpatKat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Children's Toys in Riyadh

Hello!

I am new to this forum, although I have used it as a reference source as we prepare for our upcoming move to Riyadh. However, I have a question to which even the search function can't help me find an answer!

How easy is it to buy Lego, Playmobil and Imaginext products in Riyadh? I hadn't even worried about this (much larger issues to deal with, really!), until today when I went on the Toys R Us Saudi Arabia website to check and see what is available. To my amazement they didn't show any Lego, Playmobil or Imaginext products!

This is a fairly big issue as I have a little boy who is about to turn 7. His birthday is only a week before all of our things get packed up for our move, and as our move is very limited, we have already suggested to him that any large toys he might normally get as gifts will instead be given as IOUs, to be acquired as soon as we get to Riyadh. As well, due to our limited move, some of his current toys may have to go into storage here and we have promised that they will be replaced with the same or similar item. Now I am panicking a little that we may have promised something we can't deliver on!

Obviously one solution is simply to pay the extra money ourselves to have everything of his shipped, and if push comes to shove that's probably what we'll do. However, we had thought it would probably be more cost-effective to just replace the items rather than paying the shipping.

Any help or advice anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated!

(Oh, and just for the record - DS is not a spoiled little brat, although as I read the above it might sound that way! Rather he is a little boy who will be doing his second international move in just over a year, and who has already had to leave many of his things behind in the previous move. He'll be starting at his third new school in as many years, and is generally being a real trooper about all this! I'm just trying to make things a little easier on him.)

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 4th 2012, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children's Toys in Riyadh

stock up on your first jolly/visa run to Dubai

theres a few ELCs and some big toys are us.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Hamleys, Panorama Mall, Takhassusi Street, Cross-Prince Mohammed IBN Abdul Aziz Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Phone 00 966 55 318 2745

http://www.hamleys.com
Old Jul 7th 2012, 7:49 am
Just Joined

bobxbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuff like lego is expensive in this region and choice is very limited. Buy from UK before you come out here. The packaging is normally way too big, so what we do, is we flat pack it. Carefully open the box, remove the contents, and flat pack the box. When back here, open the box again, and put contents back in and glue box back up.

Last edited by bobxbob; Jul 7th 2012 at 7:49 am. Reason: spelling mistake :)
Old Jul 7th 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

BenAdwan is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't even know what is that!!

Get him a playstation.. he will like it
Every time I want something from my little sister, I promise her a new Playstation DVD.. It works
Old Jul 7th 2012, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenAdwan
I don't even know what is that!!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

BenAdwan is an unknown quantity at this point

OOh I see, I feel like a dumb now

I have seen similar items to these, but not sure if you will find the same thing..
here is a trick I used to do with my little sister.. I take her to the toys or candy shop.. and ask her to choose one thing, just one thing. And have her choose one thing!! Sometimes, I take her to shelves where the cheaper items are lol and have her pick one thing!!

This sometimes works, but one day.. I was talking on the phone.. and she sneaked and took punch of candy and other stuff and ran away from the store.. with her pockets full of stuff and her hands.. like a robbery.. she was only 6 years old lol... didn't have any knowledge about "PAYMENT" lol so I had to chase her all the way down the street.. trying to get the stuff for the cashier to scan it... It was a very long chase.. ended up pulling my hair and screaming and scratching my face..

Next time, I gave her a lesson about money and payment, and gave her 50 SAR (one bill).. took her to the shop.. She picked one candy.. that worth only 10 SAR I guess.. gave the casheir the 50 bill and went out the store.. then I had to give her another lesson on "Prices, Exchange and Remaining"..

Today, she knows everything about payments, prices, exchange.. and remaining

I think you should do the same thing with your kid.. its great to teach them about that in early ages. It doesn't have to be the same item.. Its bad when kids get attached emotionally to an item...I guess.. at least to my prespective
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 9:43 am
Just Joined

edomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Children's Toys in Riyadh

Hi

Not sure if you have already bought the toys.

But i think you can find Lego at Hamleys at Panorama Mall near the food section.