Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Children's Activites and Preschools in Riyadh

Children's Activites and Preschools in Riyadh

Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

jasper78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Children's Activites and Preschools in Riyadh

Hello, I searched the forum for this topic I am wondering if there are some children's dance classes in Riyadh. I am trying to do my due diligence and think I have found answers to most of my and my wife's questions. I will be potentially moving there in May and my family will hopefully join me in the end of August.

I was hoping to find some dance classes for my daughter to keep her busy outside of school. What other options are available for children outside of school? Sports etc...?

Also, are there other options for preschools besides BISR? Most likely we will not be in a compound due to the waiting lists for compounds.

Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice
Default Re: Children's Activites and Preschools in Riyadh

I would not even contemplate sending your children anywhere other than the British School. With campuses on compounds your daughter and yourselves will make friends on compounds. The school should run extra-curricular activities and there will be things going on within the compounds that, with any luck, you will get invited to.

I, and I'm sure many others will back me up on this, believe that compound living is the only way to live over here. Many guys on our own can survive outside but bringing a family across will put strains on boredom, especially if your wife is not working out here. If you can get yourself into a social circle and get invited into compounds for events it can make the experience bearable.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

newyear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Children's Activites and Preschools in Riyadh

FAL compound has spinning for 11 to 14 years old.