Childern and my wife

Childern and my wife

Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

wimbledon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childern and my wife

Hello,

Few questions for those in Riyadh

My son is attending school in the morning. 1) Any ideas for entertainment with my wife in the afternoon until I get home from work 2) Any afternoon daycare?

Any idea where my wife can relax. ie spa's, gyms, activities when I am home from work.

And lastly which hotel is best to live in while housing sorted out?

thanks
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childern and my wife

Entertain your wife until you get home from work? You've come to the right place........... although I'm no longer in Riyadh, I was previously involved with the Society Helping And Greeting Women Experiencing Lonely Lives (S.H.A.G.W.E.L.L.) who will be delighted to hear from her.........

I will ask one of the association's members to contact her directly...........

More seriously - DON'T assume you can stay in a hotel for a while until accommodation becomes available - it doesn't work like that in Riyadh these days. Sort it out BEFORE you arrive, and tell your employer that you need to do this (you've heard there are serious shortages of housing, etc).

More later...........

............ what's your wife's name and phone number by the way...........?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:35 am
Just Joined

yer a funny guy and clearly got too much time on your hands....you want her name and number. I ll be happy to give it to you in person...

thanks for the other advise
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Pommie Indian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Entertain your wife until you get home from work? You've come to the right place........... although I'm no longer in Riyadh, I was previously involved with the Society Helping And Greeting Women Experiencing Lonely Lives (S.H.A.G.W.E.L.L.) who will be delighted to hear from her.........

I will ask one of the association's members to contact her directly...........

More seriously - DON'T assume you can stay in a hotel for a while until accommodation becomes available - it doesn't work like that in Riyadh these days. Sort it out BEFORE you arrive, and tell your employer that you need to do this (you've heard there are serious shortages of housing, etc).

More later...........

............ what's your wife's name and phone number by the way...........?
Well I think it was pretty funny...... As the song goes "Six foot four and full of muscles"...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:52 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wimbledon
Hello,

Few questions for those in Riyadh

My son is attending school in the morning. 1) Any ideas for entertainment with my wife in the afternoon until I get home from work 2) Any afternoon daycare?

Any idea where my wife can relax. ie spa's, gyms, activities when I am home from work.

And lastly which hotel is best to live in while housing sorted out?

thanks
have a sniff around www.britishcommunityservices.com for an idea of "what's on in Riyadh". compounds organize plenty of activities and have posters up for things like classes, coffee days, special souk trips, etc.

ditto on The Dean's note about housing, scuttlebutt has it that it's getting tough again...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:37 am
Just Joined

thanks for the info,

Fine Regards
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Hotels are pretty centrally placed ( apart from The Sahara which is next door to the airport so avoid that) so there should be enough around for her to get to easily, but bear in mind she will have to use taxi's or a driver to get around with the no driving rule.

Riyadh it a big city,but from living in Riyadh and now in Jeddah, Saudi cities are not really intended for pedestrians, the roads are very wide , and parking takes up much of the pavements, so its difficult to get around on foot. Car's are the best way to travel, public transport doesn't exist for women.

Which school will your kids be going to?

But, again have to concur with the old boy Dean,( nice avatar btw, cracking film ) make sure your accommodation is sorted BEFORE you get out here. Any ideas which compound you will be on?

Once you're on a compound, they each have their own activities, most of them have their own gym and activities schedule, so there should be something for her to do.
--
I said 'Do you speak a my language'
He just smiled and gave me a vegimite sandwich