Reload this Page >

Childcare / Nurseries

Childcare / Nurseries

Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:26 am
Just Joined

GedRobinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childcare / Nurseries

Hi,

I am moving to Doha with my wife and our 2 & 1/2 year old daughter. Very soon. We will all be in-country within a few weeks.

My wife won't work, at least to begin with, but in any case we are interested in finding some decent nursery or child day-care for our little girl. Not really a nanny or someone to come to us, but somewhere she will be mixing with other kids around her age and (of course) be well cared for, 2 or 3 days a week.

Is this sort of facility easily found in Doha, and will we have problems with waiting lists, etc.

Thanks,

Ged
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childcare / Nurseries

Originally Posted by GedRobinson
Hi,

I am moving to Doha with my wife and our 2 & 1/2 year old daughter. Very soon. We will all be in-country within a few weeks.

My wife won't work, at least to begin with, but in any case we are interested in finding some decent nursery or child day-care for our little girl. Not really a nanny or someone to come to us, but somewhere she will be mixing with other kids around her age and (of course) be well cared for, 2 or 3 days a week.

Is this sort of facility easily found in Doha, and will we have problems with waiting lists, etc.

Thanks,

Ged
try sending a private message to novita, she is in Doha and I am sure will be pleased to help if she can.

Good luck with your relocation!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

There should be a list with numbers in Marhaba

Busy Bees Nursery
Starfish Lane Kids (near landmark apparently)
Little Angels
CESK
Sunbeam Nursery

When Novi gets back from her hols, she will have more info, plus probably be able to give you an email address for MumsTheWord newsletter which will have lots of info on it. Good luck with your move

BlueCat do you have to post on every bleeding thread????? Posting for posting's sake. Honestly!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:29 am
Just Joined

GedRobinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mellie. As per my other thread, we will be in touch in a week or so, when we're all in-country.

G
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mellie66
There should be a list with numbers in Marhaba

Busy Bees Nursery
Starfish Lane Kids (near landmark apparently)
Little Angels
CESK
Sunbeam Nursery

When Novi gets back from her hols, she will have more info, plus probably be able to give you an email address for MumsTheWord newsletter which will have lots of info on it. Good luck with your move

BlueCat do you have to post on every bleeding thread????? Posting for posting's sake. Honestly!

and what has it got to do you with you where and when I post???
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
and what has it got to do you with you where and when I post???
was just thinking that
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Christ on a bike, dont be so defensive. My point was simply that some people actually want advice on a rare occasion, rather than having a simple question hijacked by 'blah blah'.........

and your name was picked cos its the one we see doing the 'blah blah' more than most!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Christ on a bike, dont be so defensive. My point was simply that some people actually want advice on a rare occasion, rather than having a simple question hijacked by 'blah blah'.........

and your name was picked cos its the one we see doing the 'blah blah' more than most!
who is this royal 'we'
I for one fiind BC very helpful, very upbeat and so what if she says blah blah sometimes (never actually seen her do that but you are allowed your opinion) there are a lot of people on here that do the same. Me included.

Why are you taking score on what people say anyhow?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

I find her helpful as well, just sometimes, the helpful stuff gets lost in the guff. It wasnt about keeping score. Simply about making the point, because the OP didnt get much help on any of his questions in any of his posts.

I just didnt see much help flying his way with some of the mindless 'fluff' that attached itself to his threads.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:56 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GedRobinson
Hi,

Thanks,

Ged
Apart from what Mellie has posted, I tend to agree, Novi and Malteser are both Doha residents and have children in schools there.

Rgds
JD
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

If Ive got it right, Malt and Novi's kids are in different schools so you should be able to get viewpoints of two different schools, plus, they know loads of women with nursery age kids and will be able to point you in the right direction.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:59 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I find her helpful as well, just sometimes, the helpful stuff gets lost in the guff. It wasnt about keeping score. Simply about making the point, because the OP didnt get much help on any of his questions in any of his posts.

I just didnt see much help flying his way with some of the mindless 'fluff' that attached itself to his threads.
Good point Mellie,
However the OP initial thread got populated with "guff" as i found his first thread a demand for info more than a polite request for help (my view)

The people here are not a paid advisory service or relocation assistance programme, And you tend to get more help and advice with courteous posts.

Rgds
JD
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Ah, well when I ask a question, Ill make sure I bung a 'please sir' on the end

Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:08 am
Up in the air

Ah, well when I ask a question, Ill make sure I bung a 'please sir' on the end

just a degree of politeness will suffice
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

well then I really have no idea what you are talking about or I simply cannot read as from what I can see BC said to the OP that he should pm a member as they live in Doha and wished them luck.....

lets just leave it.... I don't know what all this talk of mindless fluff is all about. I posted on here about moving to Dubai 3 months ago originally and got lots of fluff and hairballs but I did not take offence and decided to stick around as these guys seemed like a fun bunch. If you are looking for serious chat go onto the NZ section of this site, they are into much more serious stuff and don't do opinions or fluff. Happy posting !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.