Reload this Page >

Child support from UAE to UK

Child support from UAE to UK

Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Adam77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child support from UAE to UK

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As above, is it the amount on the calculator I gave the link to? If so, it's not extortionate and is absolutely fair. But if it's much more than that, then she's just trying it on and you can tell her you'll pay the amount the calculator comes up with.

I'd understand not including a bonus as that's not guaranteed, but presumably your housing allowance is? So to exclude that seems a bit dodgy at best and possible fraud at worst. You're already earning more than the calculator will have allowed for because of your tax free salary, so can't you count that as a lucky extra and pay whatever the calculator says? That seems like a fair solution to both sides, and (more importantly) to the child/children.
my housing allowance is not paid to me, it’s paid directly to the landlord.

i was actually prepared to pay double what the calculator said. She just wants not to work much and live off my money.

i am prepared to pay extra directly for childcare to enable her to work more.

ultimately, it’s not about the money. The principle, she doesn’t want to be my wife still have all the privileges of being one.

it’s hard to explain without divulging all the full facts.

bottom line is, can anything be enforced by the uk from the uae ? From what I’ve read online they can’t. Was just seeking if anyone had this experience.

my child will have more than enough, I will ensure of that.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adam77
i was actually prepared to pay double what the calculator said.
Fair enough then (as long as it's double the figure based on your actual salary and housing allowance etc). So just pay her that and then there's nothing to enforce anyway.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adam77
my housing allowance is not paid to me, it’s paid directly to the landlord.

i was actually prepared to pay double what the calculator said. She just wants not to work much and live off my money.

i am prepared to pay extra directly for childcare to enable her to work more.

ultimately, it’s not about the money. The principle, she doesn’t want to be my wife still have all the privileges of being one.

it’s hard to explain without divulging all the full facts.

bottom line is, can anything be enforced by the uk from the uae ? From what I’ve read online they can’t. Was just seeking if anyone had this experience.

my child will have more than enough, I will ensure of that.
They can’t enforce it while you are in the UAE but as you say you are returning within 18 months it could be enforced on your return once you are back in the UK if it’s felt that you owe something. As has been mentioned if your salary drops you can be reassessed. Personally If I was returning so soon I would be very guarded against trying to under represent your situation too much.

Old Dec 4th 2022, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Duoduo is an unknown quantity at this point

If you convert your UAE salary to UK and then go on to the child maintenance website, you can work out what you need to pay fairly. Send this payment to your Wife and show her a screen shot of the calculation. If she disagrees with it, unfortunately right now there’s not much she can do to challenge it as your outside of the UK.

In my opinion this is the fairest way for you to do this.