British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Child Seat for 15 days in Abu Dhabi? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/child-seat-15-days-abu-dhabi-689187/)

Watermelon Oct 12th 2010 4:35 am

Child Seat for 15 days in Abu Dhabi?

Hello!

After an unsuccessful search on the internet, I am hoping that one of you might be able to help...

My family and I are going to Abu Dhabi from end of October to beginning of November of this year (2 weeks) to see my in-laws.

We won't rent a car there, as my in-laws already have 2, but we will need a car seat of our 3-year old / 16kg daughter. We won't be able to bring one with us (too big / too heavy), and we are not really happy about having to buy one there, as we already have 2 here at home.

Would anyone know where we could rent one in Abu Dhabi? Or know someone who has a child seat (group 2) in his / her attic that we could rent for a couple of weeks?

Thank you very much, and we are certainly looking forward to our holiday in Abu Dhabi!

Watermelon

Millhouse Oct 12th 2010 4:37 am

Re: Child Seat for 15 days in Abu Dhabi?

Originally Posted by Watermelon (Post 8912318)
Hello!

After an unsuccessful search on the internet, I am hoping that one of you might be able to help...

My family and I are going to Abu Dhabi from end of October to beginning of November of this year (2 weeks) to see my in-laws.

We won't rent a car there, as my in-laws already have 2, but we will need a car seat of our 3-year old / 16kg daughter. We won't be able to bring one with us (too big / too heavy), and we are not really happy about having to buy one there, as we already have 2 here at home.

Would anyone know where we could rent one in Abu Dhabi? Or know someone who has a child seat (group 2) in his / her attic that we could rent for a couple of weeks?

Thank you very much, and we are certainly looking forward to our holiday in Abu Dhabi!

Watermelon

get in touch with AD Mums - they have loads of equipment for rent.

Watermelon Oct 12th 2010 4:41 am

Thank you very much for this very quick answer :)

Could you please tell me where to find AD Mums?

Thanks,

Watermelon

Millhouse Oct 12th 2010 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Watermelon (Post 8912327)
Thank you very much for this very quick answer :)

Could you please tell me where to find AD Mums?

Thanks,

Watermelon

here

you will have to sign up as a member though. Cost is minimal, and rental of equipment is minimal too.

busybee2 Oct 12th 2010 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Watermelon (Post 8912318)
Hello!

Watermelon

abu dhabi mums rent out car seats as em has told you.

busybee2 Oct 12th 2010 5:36 am

the other place is to try st andrews thrift shop. ad mums are also having a table top sale but i think its 6th nov so that would be too late, but you could always ask them who may be selling one if they cant accommodate you.

Watermelon Oct 12th 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks so much for your posts, I have received a positive answer from AD Mums!

I am thrilled, and my wife thinks I am a hero (for once :D)

Watermelon

Millhouse Oct 12th 2010 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Watermelon (Post 8913713)
Thanks so much for your posts, I have received a positive answer from AD Mums!

I am thrilled, and my wife thinks I am a hero (for once :D)

Watermelon

have a nice holiday...

Roadking Oct 12th 2010 7:41 pm

Sorry, you want a kid to sit for 15 days!...and in AbDabs!!! What sort of monster are you?