Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Child bride turned over to 80-year-old husband

Child bride turned over to 80-year-old husband

Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child bride turned over to 80-year-old husband

Originally Posted by ceres
Completely agree. Most fathers go running for their guns when their daughter pitches up with her first boyfriend in tow.
but that's just not true, it's a cultural thing...in a number of societies, fathers can't wait to get rid of their daughters...

MM, xx
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
but that's just not true, it's a cultural thing...in a number of societies, fathers can't wait to get rid of their daughters...

MM, xx
Some cultures abort female children too apparently.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:43 am
Account Closed

ceres is an unknown quantity at this point

MM, xx
I know, but as a woman and a Mum of girls, it is completely alien to me how any parent, regardless of creed or culture can do this to their daughter.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kim67
And in remote India, China to name a few, they will feed the newborn baby girl rice and leave her to choke to death.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

And in remote India, China to name a few, they will feed the newborn baby girl rice and leave her to choke to death.
Yep - the school my nieces went to in Victoria (Christian school) takes their year 11 and 12 students to China to volunteer at an orphanage once a year. Most of the children they care for are female.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:23 am
Just Joined

nogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the rough

Once again Islam shows its self as a barbaric revolting way of life. And before you shoot me down as a racist and Muslim hater I am not I just see the backward western hating way of life these inbred s lead.
Where are the Muslim demonstrations against this as there was in Belgium or Austria after they had child abuse in their communities.
How many Muslims demonstrated about the London bombings, but tens of millions of westerners demonstrated against the Iran war.
They can get thousands of Muslims on the streets if a news paper dares to publish CARTOONS about their great prophet, who lets not forget took very young girls himself.
Rant over for now.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I know, but as a woman and a Mum of girls, it is completely alien to me how any parent, regardless of creed or culture can do this to their daughter.
but you are starting from completely different cultural norms...

MM, xx
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
yeah they do...that why a number of hospitals in the uk won't tell you the sex of the child, it varies from area to area depending on the ethnic breakdown in that borough...

MM, xx
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:05 am
Account Closed

but you are starting from completely different cultural norms...

MM, xx
Child sexual abuse is child sexual abuse regardless of how any particular culture want to dress it up. I am sorry but, I feel sick at the very thought of some 80 year old man taking 10 year old little girl for a wife. x
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Child sexual abuse is child sexual abuse regardless of how any particular culture want to dress it up. I am sorry but, I feel sick at the very thought of some 80 year old man taking 10 year old little girl for a wife. x
rubbish, it's sexual abuse because society now (our society) says it's child abuse...it was the norm years ago even in western society for young girls to be married off...it's not right in my eyes, as that isn't how i've been brought up, some societies find it odd for women to get to 30 and not be married with kids...

MM, xx
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There is big problem with child sexual abuse within the Australian Indigenous community, both from males outside the tribal system and marrying off little girls to tribal elders. Only in the last couple of years has the Australian Government tried to do something about it. Here's a pretty long investigative report, but makes for interesting reading if you have the time.

http://www.aph.gov.au/SENATE/committ...rt_march05.pdf
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:57 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

You know Ceres, even for a carton of orange juice,you sure come out with some dumb ass statements.Cultural values underpins this whole tragedy not
your moral take on it.
Of course we are all sick in the mouth at the thought of this child abuse and it for sure is abhorrent to us but you are colouring your opinion with your own morality and emotions.
These people live by a level of common law and cultural mores which to them make such depravity acceptable.It is not illegal.
We are educated (tho' I sometimes wonder ) and informed that such behaviour is antisocial within our respective societies and it is outlawed in statute- ie the people voted to criminalise it.

MM is absolu bang on and Kim is alluding to same with her link.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Eva
You know Ceres, even for a carton of orange juice,you sure come out with some dumb ass statements.Cultural values underpins this whole tragedy not
your moral take on it.
Of course we are all sick in the mouth at the thought of this child abuse and it for sure is abhorrent to us but you are colouring your opinion with your own morality and emotions.
These people live by a level of common law and cultural mores which to them make such depravity acceptable.It is not illegal.
We are educated (tho' I sometimes wonder ) and informed that such behaviour is antisocial within our respective societies and it is outlawed in statute- ie the people voted to criminalise it.

You know what Eva, why don't you just go F*** Yourself and stop following me round the board like a desperate little stalker!

Thanks for posting the link Kim will read.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You know what Eva, why don't you just go F*** Yourself and stop following me round the board like a desperate little stalker!

wow, you're classy...eva's been around here a hell of a lot longer than you, and stalker material she certainly isn't...

MM, xx
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

LofA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eva
your moral take on it.

"Dumb ass" is clear. Not sure about "carton of orange juice" though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.