Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Child bride turned over to 80-year-old husband

Child bride turned over to 80-year-old husband

Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Child bride turned over to 80-year-old husband

A 10-year-old bride was returned last Sunday to her 80-year-old husband by her father who discovered her at the home of her aunt with whom she has been hiding for around 10 days.

A local newspaper said the husband, who denies he is 80 in spite of claims by the girl’s family, accused the aunt of meddling in his affairs. “My marriage is not against Shariah. It included the elements of acceptance and response by the father of the bride,” he said.

He added that he had been engaged to his wife’s elder sister and that this broke off as she wanted to continue with her education. “In light of this, her father offered his younger daughter. I was allowed to have a look at her according to Shariah and found her acceptable,” he said.

Maatouq Al-Abdullah, a member of the National Society for Human Rights (NSHR), said there is no system in place regulating the marriage of young girls, something that he said results in adverse psychological, health and social effects.

“Such marriages are considered a gross violation of charters on the rights of children, which the Kingdom has signed and which set the age of adulthood at 18,” he added.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&sect...=26&m=8&y=2009
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child bride turned over to 80-year-old husband

If it wasn't so revolting, it would be grotesquely funny.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

These people are sick.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Once again time after time you read this stories in the newspapers.
and YES nothing is done for these poor children after all.
Yes are still children.
Any where else in the world they will be locked up and the key thrown away.
and end up in solitary cos the rest of the inmates will Linch them.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I was allowed to have a look at her according to Shariah and found her acceptable,” he said.

Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

ceres is an unknown quantity at this point

Dirty, old, pedo b*st*rd.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:25 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Before I reply let me ask is genocide still politically incorrect as a solution to sick societies and religious groups? Might save time and effort and clean up the gene pool a little...

N.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Before I reply let me ask is genocide still politically incorrect as a solution to sick societies and religious groups? Might save time and effort and clean up the gene pool a little...

N.
I agree with your genocide theory, round them up, take them to the desert and put a stop to this despicable abuse of a young children.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:01 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ceres
I agree with your genocide theory, round them up, take them to the desert and put a stop to this despicable abuse of a young children.
hells bells we agree!!!
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by commander
hells bells we agree!!!
I never hold grudges honey. I am sure we will be the best of friends. By the way, I was only ******ng with you the other day. No hard feelings.......well unless you call me a airhead muppet again, then I will take great pleasure tearing you a new ass.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:26 am
Just Joined

LofA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coffindodger
A 10-year-old bride was returned last Sunday to her 80-year-old husband by her father who discovered her at the home of her aunt with whom she has been hiding for around 10 days.

A local newspaper said the husband, who denies he is 80 in spite of claims by the girl’s family, accused the aunt of meddling in his affairs. “My marriage is not against Shariah. It included the elements of acceptance and response by the father of the bride,” he said.

He added that he had been engaged to his wife’s elder sister and that this broke off as she wanted to continue with her education. “In light of this, her father offered his younger daughter. I was allowed to have a look at her according to Shariah and found her acceptable,” he said.

Maatouq Al-Abdullah, a member of the National Society for Human Rights (NSHR), said there is no system in place regulating the marriage of young girls, something that he said results in adverse psychological, health and social effects.

“Such marriages are considered a gross violation of charters on the rights of children, which the Kingdom has signed and which set the age of adulthood at 18,” he added.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&sect...=26&m=8&y=2009
This is so sad. But my anger is directed at her father who offered her in place of her sister - not the 80 year old man. He probably just wants someone to cook and clean for him. At least I hope so...
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:36 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

He wouldn't have needed a look see if she was only to cook and clean. Besides, that what the maid is for.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 2:51 am
Just Joined

harrypic is an unknown quantity at this point

The Father should be hanged, very slowly and in the full heat of the summer sun.

This is sick.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 2:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LofA
This is so sad. But my anger is directed at her father who offered her in place of her sister - not the 80 year old man. He probably just wants someone to cook and clean for him. At least I hope so...
Completely agree. Most fathers go running for their guns when their daughter pitches up with her first boyfriend in tow. So how any man, who hands over his 10 year old daughter to an 80 year old man, can call himself a father is beyond me. It turns my stomach.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a ten year old daughter - she's asleep on the lounge right now - she looks about three......this is just too awful to contemplate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.