Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cheapest monthly car rental in Abud Dhabi or Dubai

Cheapest monthly car rental in Abud Dhabi or Dubai

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Ukmed1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheapest monthly car rental in Abud Dhabi or Dubai

Hi guys while I have such, well informed people around I thought it would be a good idea to fire all my questions at you.

Does anyone know the cheapest car company for a monthly rental of the smallest most economical car I want to rent it to do the daily commute from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

Also I have been driving for 12 years and am a confident driver in the UK. is the road from Dubai to Abu Dhabi really as scary and dangerous as it sounds ? I like to drive average speed and not go in the fast lane.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest monthly car rental in Abud Dhabi or Dubai

Originally Posted by Ukmed1
Hi guys while I have such, well informed people around I thought it would be a good idea to fire all my questions at you.

Does anyone know the cheapest car company for a monthly rental of the smallest most economical car I want to rent it to do the daily commute from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

Also I have been driving for 12 years and am a confident driver in the UK. is the road from Dubai to Abu Dhabi really as scary and dangerous as it sounds ? I like to drive average speed and not go in the fast lane.
yes the road is scary and dangerous when you are un-accustomed to it. if you hire the smallest hire car such as a yaris you will be very intimated on the road, as the bigger cars will flash at you to get out of the way. you are better off driving in the first lane as not many people use it.....! driving in the uk is nothing compared to driving along that road, unless you are used to driving around london that will give you a little bit of a head start.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:38 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes the road is scary and dangerous when you are un-accustomed to it. if you hire the smallest hire car such as a yaris you will be very intimated on the road, as the bigger cars will flash at you to get out of the way. you are better off driving in the first lane as not many people use it.....! driving in the uk is nothing compared to driving along that road, unless you are used to driving around london that will give you a little bit of a head start.
Bl00dy hell BB you make it sound like Death Race 2000....

Ukmed1 - Yes driving over here is different and yes a smaller car will mean that you may get intimidated a little more, but if you are sensible, and with 12 years driving experience behind you, it’ll be fine.....
Old Jun 4th 2011, 9:30 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

But for the cheapest price you might end up not with a Yaris - which would be fine for that drive, IME - but an Aveo or even a QQ if you go local and as cheap as possible, and are unlucky... there's no way I'd want to drive such a bathtub on wheels down that road again.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Bl00dy hell BB you make it sound like Death Race 2000....

Ukmed1 - Yes driving over here is different and yes a smaller car will mean that you may get intimidated a little more, but if you are sensible, and with 12 years driving experience behind you, it’ll be fine.....
what i said was that that road is nothing like the uk motorways etc or the windy roads that you get in the rest of the uk, and the fact that people do usually when they overtake over there will pull back into the slower lane, and if you are driving the cheapest car on the road you will know about it as you will be flashed at to get out of the way
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

A colleague was paying around 1,600/- a month for a Mitsi Lancer through Fast Car Hire

http://www.fastuae.com/
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

thank you I will check em out
Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:42 am
Just Joined

No not that rich I'm afraid, I will be the driver.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

National Car Rental may be worth a look - they're advertising their 'summer' rates on the radio.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

mariang is an unknown quantity at this point

Try 'diamond lease' - I have found them competitive
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:41 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

what i said was that that road is nothing like the uk motorways etc or the windy roads that you get in the rest of the uk, and the fact that people do usually when they overtake over there will pull back into the slower lane, and if you are driving the cheapest car on the road you will know about it as you will be flashed at to get out of the way
No what you said was:

yes the road is scary and dangerous when you are un-accustomed to it.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Welivehere
No what you said was:
well it can be if you are not used to the antics that happen. in the uk motorways people usually do not weave in and out driving at mark speed 10 etc etc i do not need to explain that as you know there is a big difference between the 2!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 8:00 am
Just Joined

strothard is an unknown quantity at this point

As mentioned, try Diamondlease - they will give you a cracking deal (it's one of our sister companies!!!)
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Fast car in AD have just sent me a text offering summer deal of 50% off. they'd be worth a call
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Thank you everyone!!!

I spent the day phoning up hire places in Abu Dhabi and the very best price I could find was from fastuae

Got my car right now, they gave me a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer with full CDW (no excess) and unlimited mileage for 1750dhms a month.

so very happy with it

Now my next mission is getting used to driving here and all the speed cameras, can anyone give me any tips on the rules of the road that are different from the UK and also any other things I should know.

p.s I drove on Corniche in Abu Dhabi today and everyone was flashing me to go faster but the limit said 60, is it true the cameras go off at 20 k above the posted limit, why is this ? and do they flash ?

Does that rule also apply to cameras on the E11 motorway ?

Thanks everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.