Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cheap place to buy tyres in Doha

Cheap place to buy tyres in Doha

Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap place to buy tyres in Doha

Mt R, in his first few jetlagged days, had a blow out on his tyre.

He fitted the spare but as yet been unable to find a cheap tyre place.

So, after he has sorted the plumber out, he can then sort the tyre out. I do not fancy walking miles and miles and miles if we have another puncture.

Anyone know best place?
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:30 am
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cheap place to buy tyres in Doha

Originally Posted by Rascal

So, after he has sorted the plumber out, he can then sort the tyre out. I do not fancy walking miles and miles and miles if we have another puncture.

Anyone know best place?
There's one on the corner of the street where the apartment is. Same price as everywhere else. Need to organise a loan with my nice new QNB bank manager to buy a tyre .... FORTUNE

Going to see Oasis and demand they pay for it as it was there naff tyre which blew in the first place
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascalmate
There's one on the corner of the street where the apartment is. Same price as everywhere else. Need to organise a loan with my nice new QNB bank manager to buy a tyre .... FORTUNE

Going to see Oasis and demand they pay for it as it was there naff tyre which blew in the first place
Yeh I bet they fitted the naff tyre days before, knowing it would blow and you would fit with a nice new one.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:19 pm
Clear sighted member

tootsie will become famous soon enough

Take him over a tyre in your luggage. Hey now here's a thought: you could take a few over and flog them
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tootsie
Take him over a tyre in your luggage. Hey now here's a thought: you could take a few over and flog them
Wonder if I could get away with 100 tyres saying they are for personal use?
Mind you, way Mr R is with cars, I would need a spare engine, spare gearbox, spare exhaust..etc..etc...
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:24 am
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough

Wonder if I could get away with 100 tyres saying they are for personal use?
Mind you, way Mr R is with cars, I would need a spare engine, spare gearbox, spare exhaust..etc..etc...
HEY! the engine, gearbox, exhaust were NOT my fault. Blame dumb Kiwi Co Colin Walker for engine and dumb Kiwi Te Rapa Motors for the rest ........... now I wonder WHY Colin Walker Autos are having a closing down sale??

What you been saying after I left?
Old Jul 12th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rascalmate
HEY! the engine, gearbox, exhaust were NOT my fault. Blame dumb Kiwi Co Colin Walker for engine and dumb Kiwi Te Rapa Motors for the rest ........... now I wonder WHY Colin Walker Autos are having a closing down sale??

What you been saying after I left?
Eerrr me??
Just told the guy at the 'repair' garage to speak to a qualified mechanic as he obviously wasn't one.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:32 am
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Anyone know best place?
New tyre needed real bad now. Spare is almost bare. Road surface hot hot hot hot and with all this braking to avoiding hitting the dumb drivers ... well rubber is worn thin.

Just need the bank loan first. QR825???? QR825 for a new tyre! Surely they are not as expensive as that surely???

Last edited by Rascalmate; Jul 14th 2006 at 8:38 am.