British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   cheap hotel anyone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/cheap-hotel-anyone-572317/)

Cham128 Nov 10th 2008 5:15 pm

cheap hotel anyone?

I remember awhile back a few people mentioned a few places which were nice and not that expensive but I can't seem to find the posts.

Confucius Nov 10th 2008 5:41 pm

Re: cheap hotel anyone?

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 6959210)
I remember awhile back a few people mentioned a few places which were nice and not that expensive but I can't seem to find the posts.

Heard that Travelodge is introducing GBP8.00 rooms in the next days all over Britain...The only place cheaper is a metro bench...

The Dean Nov 10th 2008 5:45 pm

Where are you looking for hotels?

UK? Middle East?

Cham128 Nov 10th 2008 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6959279)
Where are you looking for hotels?

UK? Middle East?

Dubai... sorry i'm not with it today...

the park bench sounds good although I'm not sure using the sprinkler system as a shower is legal over there is it?

Confucius Nov 10th 2008 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 6959313)

the park bench sounds good although I'm not sure using the sprinkler system as a shower is legal over there is it?

Perfectly legal...

Roadking Nov 10th 2008 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 6959313)

Only if you want to shower in "sweet water".

Yeeeuk!:ohmy:

Cham128 Nov 10th 2008 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 6959335)
Only if you want to shower in "sweet water".

Yeeeuk!:ohmy:

as long as it's not yellow i'm not bothered :D

The Dean Nov 10th 2008 6:16 pm

Depends if you want to sleep at all...................

Everyone knocks the good old Golden Sands places but I've always found they lived up to a decent standard............ there's a few decent places round there (in the bit between Ramada/Standard Chartered and Burjuman) - I found a couple by searching the interweb at various times over the years.

Cham128 Nov 10th 2008 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6959371)
Depends if you want to sleep at all...................

Everyone knocks the good old Golden Sands places but I've always found they lived up to a decent standard............ there's a few decent places round there (in the bit between Ramada/Standard Chartered and Burjuman) - I found a couple by searching the interweb at various times over the years.

hmm I'll look into it... not really too bothered about the place as long as its clean... better than throwing away my plane tickets i suppose

CeeBee Nov 10th 2008 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 6959379)
hmm I'll look into it... not really too bothered about the place as long as its clean... better than throwing away my plane tickets i suppose

I heard on the radio one of these generic cheap hotel chains in Internet City advertising rooms at about 450 Dhs a night including breakfast. Can't remember which one. Thats about as cheap as i've heard it during the winter so far.

Confucius Nov 10th 2008 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 6959451)
I heard on the radio one of these generic cheap hotel chains in Internet City advertising rooms at about 450 Dhs a night including breakfast. Can't remember which one. Thats about as cheap as i've heard it during the winter so far.

Comfort Inn...But you'll only get that price if your assistant is called Emily...

Cham128 Nov 10th 2008 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6959517)
Comfort Inn...But you'll only get that price if your assistant is called Emily...

I do actually have an assistant called Emily... are you stalking me? lol

Blue Cat Nov 11th 2008 3:28 am

www.arabianparkhoteldubai.com - used to be cheap not sure about now, and do a search on the Chelsea Hotel, The Rydges Plaza, Rotana Jumeirah.

Cham128 Nov 11th 2008 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6960799)
www.arabianparkhoteldubai.com - used to be cheap not sure about now, and do a search on the Chelsea Hotel, The Rydges Plaza, Rotana Jumeirah.

excellent I'll check those out as well...

Slingshot Nov 11th 2008 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 6961189)
excellent I'll check those out as well...

Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express have opened up a few places around town