cheap DXB hotels

Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheap DXB hotels

Originally Posted by norsk
but what if you had to put money into a meter to get the aircon going?
I've had to do that in Turkey.

... and in Greece (on an 18-30 holiday) I had to rent the bloody fan in the room!

Still, the mission on an 18-30 holiday is that you find a filly who has AC and stay with her.

It's just dawned on Millhouse that he is no longer able to go on an 18-30 holiday...
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse

... and in Greece (on an 18-30 holiday) I had to rent the bloody fan in the room!

Still, the mission on an 18-30 holiday is that you find a filly who has AC and stay with her.

It's just dawned on Millhouse that he is no longer able to go on an 18-30 holiday...
ha ha 18-30 are they still going?
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
ha ha 18-30 are they still going?
yup.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:49 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but you can go SAGA now...;0)
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Roadking
Yeah but you can go SAGA now...;0)
I like 'em older, but I'm not so sure about them qualifying for discounted car insurance.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:10 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hell, is that for real...?
Absolutely - do a dummy booking on the website and you can pay for it in advance

I've never been on a 18-30 holiday. Nearest I got was renting a caravan in Skegness with some mates after A-Levels...
Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

NaimTakieddin will become famous soon enoughNaimTakieddin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Roadking
Can't get much cheaper than a tent in the desert!
LOL, this is what we called a dried sense of humor..^^
Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

NaimTakieddin will become famous soon enoughNaimTakieddin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Got a mate coming out in October, I know there are now cheapish hotels like holiday inn etc but anyone know of any other half decent ones? Up near Marina way / Disco Gardens if poss.

Ta all.
Ok, looking out through websites for your purpose will get you nowhere since most of them are seeking profits in E-commerce!

I had the same situation at the past! I checked almost every hotel in Riyadh ultimately I caught exceptional good price in private furbished complex...it is not a hotel though it s rather similar to motel ..

they called it in ARABIC ( شقق مفروشة ) in where you can bargain or negotiate the rates with the attendant there without any embarassment!!

Good luck
Old Sep 6th 2010, 3:58 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NaimTakieddin
Ok, looking out through websites for your purpose will get you nowhere since most of them are seeking profits in E-commerce!
Do me a favour and never get into retail or hospitality as you clearly have no idea...

The idea of offering hotel rooms online is to increase occupancy rates not to charge extra for the pleasure of you being able to book from your own home without picking up the phone. It's similar to how airlines give discounts online the closer you get to departure to reduce wasted capacity (ie empty seats).

The fact that a hotel which is part of an international chain sometimes don't offer their best deals on their website is because they attempting to avoid lowering the perceived value of their brand. So instead they'll sell loads of rooms for next to nothing to Expedia, Lastminute and so on. Sometimes they include clauses like 'we must be anonymous until the booking is complete' which is usually what has happened when you get a suite in Vegas or New York for 20% of what the person in the room/suite next door paid.

A little tip is to call the hotel up directly. Usually you'll have access to at least some of the good rates then, especially if it's out of season or they are unusually empty...
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by norsk
Do me a favour and never get into retail or hospitality as you clearly have no idea...

The idea of offering hotel rooms online is to increase occupancy rates not to charge extra for the pleasure of you being able to book from your own home without picking up the phone. It's similar to how airlines give discounts online the closer you get to departure to reduce wasted capacity (ie empty seats).

The fact that a hotel which is part of an international chain sometimes don't offer their best deals on their website is because they attempting to avoid lowering the perceived value of their brand. So instead they'll sell loads of rooms for next to nothing to Expedia, Lastminute and so on. Sometimes they include clauses like 'we must be anonymous until the booking is complete' which is usually what has happened when you get a suite in Vegas or New York for 20% of what the person in the room/suite next door paid.

A little tip is to call the hotel up directly. Usually you'll have access to at least some of the good rates then, especially if it's out of season or they are unusually empty...

Hey Buddy, do me a favor and watch your tongue as I am talking out of my experience in this area of the worl and specially the arab gulf.

I ve told you I had the same situation as what I described above all e-offers hide behind them many extra costs however, the there would be slight difference between booking on-line or personally in check in counters..
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:38 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NaimTakieddin
Hey Buddy, do me a favor and watch your tongue as I am talking out of my experience in this area of the worl and specially the arab gulf.

I ve told you I had the same situation as what I described above all e-offers hide behind them many extra costs however, the there would be slight difference between booking on-line or personally in check in counters..
I did watch my tongue buddy...

Anyway I didn't want to pick a fight with you, only point out that reality isn't necessarily as simple as what you claimed to ensure people of the bored get a balanced view...

That's it. Thank you for playing. M'asalama...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I always find it more expensive to call directly rather than booking online.

I stayed in AD last night, internet price 245Dh - call up and negotiate with the robot - 300Dh.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I always find it more expensive to call directly rather than booking online.

I stayed in AD last night, internet price 245Dh - call up and negotiate with the robot - 300Dh.
that's value...which hotel?
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by saudiflares
that's value...which hotel?
Al Diar, Regency. It was actually very nice - I was even upgraded to a suite.

The Mina hotel (next door) was 225 for the night.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Holking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really nice

The grand Midwest Apartments in Discovery Gardens are clean, confortable and spacious. Under 300 a night but no pool.