British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   cheap deals in Fujairah?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/cheap-deals-fujairah-479732/)

arbroath_abroad Sep 7th 2007 11:57 pm

cheap deals in Fujairah??

I am planning to take the wife to Fujairah for a few days to relax next week. (midweek)

Either the Le Mid or Rotana. She has hinted that there are deals on at the moment (she heard something on Dubai 92) but i am trawling the net and cant find anything.

Anyone know where i can get a good deal

I need to do it today as flying home tonight, so any internet links or info would be greatly appreciated

cheers

beebee Sep 8th 2007 6:31 am

Re: cheap deals in Fujairah??

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5286924)
I am planning to take the wife to Fujairah for a few days to relax next week. (midweek)

Either the Le Mid or Rotana. She has hinted that there are deals on at the moment (she heard something on Dubai 92) but i am trawling the net and cant find anything.

Anyone know where i can get a good deal

I need to do it today as flying home tonight, so any internet links or info would be greatly appreciated

cheers

I heard something on the radio about deals in some hotel but I can't remember where it was! sorry. Dunno where BC is cos she would know.

Fairydust Sep 8th 2007 6:48 am

Yes deals are at Le Meriden down there think it quotes something like 299 pppn on the radio but in reality when you phone there isn't any available. We just got back a couple of days ago and paid 949 per night dbb for 2 people for a royal club room. Which in effect is same room as superior room but you are on a club room floor and have breakfast in a different restaurant, access to free soft drinks, tea & coffee 10-10 and afternoon tea and free drinks in the bar 7-9 pm. You can either take dinner at the buffet (which IMO is crap) or an allocation of 86 dhs per person at one of the other restaurants, which is a much better option.

The hotel didn't seem as though it was full at all but was told 100% occupancy on most nights.

Border Reiver Sep 8th 2007 7:16 am

The JAL Hotel has had special offers on over the summer. Stayed there about a month ago and once you get past the rather vivid hues on the outside the inside is quite pleasant.

lionheart Sep 8th 2007 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 5287573)
The JAL Hotel has had special offers on over the summer. Stayed there about a month ago and once you get past the rather vivid hues on the outside the inside is quite pleasant.

Didn't they get some major damage to the beach during Cyclone Gonu?

Fairydust Sep 8th 2007 8:16 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5287632)
Didn't they get some major damage to the beach during Cyclone Gonu?

Was all back to normal at Al Aqa this week, in fact we were there a week after Gonu as well and apart from a small section of the beach roped off it was ok then also

arbroath_abroad Sep 8th 2007 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 5287573)

whats the JAL???

arbroath_abroad Sep 12th 2007 8:23 pm

just

YYYYYEEEESSSSSS

SCCCOTTLAANDD JUUST SCCORREEDD

Inselaffen Sep 12th 2007 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5303947)
just

YYYYYEEEESSSSSS

SCCCOTTLAANDD JUUST SCCORREEDD

love to see the French lose, BUT to Scotland :confused::confused::confused:

arbroath_abroad Sep 12th 2007 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5303999)
love to see the French lose, BUT to Scotland :confused::confused::confused:

read it and ****ing weep. 1-0 what a result.

Inselaffen Sep 12th 2007 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5304064)
read it and ****ing weep. 1-0 what a result.

at least it means I can take the piss out of a French friend!

arbroath_abroad Sep 12th 2007 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5304080)
at least it means I can take the piss out of a French friend!

you have such a thing??

Coco Chanel, Charlemagne, Jacques Chirac, Catherine Deneuve, Gèrard Depardieu, Alexandre Dumas, Serge Gainsbourg, Yves Saint-Laurent, Louis XIV, Louis Pasteur, Edith Piaf...your boys took one helluva beating!

Eva Sep 12th 2007 9:29 pm

Why are you showing the virtue or talent of French exports and you forget Jacques Brel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMqCqjixyo

Inselaffen Sep 12th 2007 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5304138)
you have such a thing??

Coco Chanel, Charlemagne, Jacques Chirac, Catherine Deneuve, Gèrard Depardieu, Alexandre Dumas, Serge Gainsbourg, Yves Saint-Laurent, Louis XIV, Louis Pasteur, Edith Piaf...your boys took one helluva beating!

well one after living there for 5 years is just about justifiable!!