Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Chart Music - I Have a Gripe.

Chart Music - I Have a Gripe.

Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chart Music - I Have a Gripe.

Forgive my while I let off some steam.....

Why is it that song sung decades ago is no longer good enough to make the charts but the same song, sung in the same way, by a modern group suddenly means it makes the top 20?

I am refering to that carp that is 'girls aloud' and their cover of "I'll stand by you".

They've made no attempt to modify it at all, it's purely Karaoke. A million people in the world could do what they have done yet they make a living from it.

As soon as that song finished on the marvel that is Dubai 92 another cover came on, that of Brittney spears and "My Parogative". Although at least she's put some of her own 'style' into it.

Is it just me or are other people noticing that so called 'artists' are merely copying other peoples work - it's talentless!

What's the difference between any of that and someone making an exact replica of the 'Mona Lisa' and selling that?

I'm done now.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:43 am
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chart Music - I Have a Gripe.

Originally Posted by kelvynd

Why is it that song sung decades ago is no longer good enough to make the charts but the same song, sung in the same way, by a modern group suddenly means it makes the top 20?

I am refering to that carp that is 'girls aloud' and their cover of "I'll stand by you".

They've made no attempt to modify it at all, it's purely Karaoke. A million people in the world could do what they have done yet they make a living from it.

As soon as that song finished on the marvel that is Dubai 92 another cover came on, that of Brittney spears and "My Parogative". Although at least she's put some of her own 'style' into it.

Is it just me or are other people noticing that so called 'artists' are merely copying other peoples work - it's talentless!

What's the difference between any of that and someone making an exact replica of the 'Mona Lisa' and selling that?

I'm done now.

I know, I know. I agree. The sad thing is...it makes money and that's all they care about. They're not in it for quality music. What music are you into?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:46 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samireh
I know, I know. I agree. The sad thing is...it makes money and that's all they care about. They're not in it for quality music. What music are you into?
I prefer artists like Yanni, Richard Clayderman, Dave Koz, Vanessa Mae or Bond or something like that. Pure classical also nice for me...
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:49 am
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by novita77
I prefer artists like Yanni, Richard Clayderman, Dave Koz, Vanessa Mae or Bond or something like that. Pure classical also nice for me...

Hmmm. I like all music, at the moment I'm going through a bit of a punk rock phase. Keane, Snow Patrol, Limp bizkit (sorry), Greenday, blink 182....etc
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:55 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. I like all music, at the moment I'm going through a bit of a punk rock phase. Keane, Snow Patrol, Limp bizkit (sorry), Greenday, blink 182....etc
What do u think abt arabic music then?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:56 am
Restless soul

What do u think abt arabic music then?

Some of it is really nice. It's very similar to persian music.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 5:01 am
Restless soul

Some of it is really nice. It's very similar to persian music.

Well I'll see ya later. I'm off to shop now...
Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:59 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

U have good taste Nov...Vanessa Mae is brilliant
Old Jan 8th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I'm into most types of music but I have a preference for singer/songwriters.....talented people that write and sing their own songs and the songs are actually about something.

By the way - what's the name of the group that butchered the Pink Floyd song?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:10 am
semarang

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I like her ... She is very talented with her violin. But i think hubby think my taste of music a bit boring ...
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:10 am
semarang

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
TS ... this is not one of ur sarcasm line ???
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:18 am
semarang

I'm done now.
I hope u are feeling better now ...
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:45 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kelvynd]What's the difference between any of that and someone making an exact replica of the 'Mona Lisa' and selling that? QUOTE]

Nothing really. Except perhaps not all original music is on par with all original paintings from the Itallian masters. However, I would liken most covers today with my three year old trying to paint Mona Lisa and making money from it.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:49 pm
Restless soul

I'm into most types of music but I have a preference for singer/songwriters.....talented people that write and sing their own songs and the songs are actually about something.

By the way - what's the name of the group that butchered the Pink Floyd song?
Scissor sisters? or franz ferdinand?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:59 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

TS ... this is not one of ur sarcasm line ???
18/12 Overture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.