British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Changing freezone visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/changing-freezone-visas-835409/)

Tockalosh Jun 2nd 2014 1:49 am

Changing freezone visas

Quick question to the enlightened few if I may

Currently on a DAFZA visa but have a company in JAFZA dangling a very sexy offer in front of me that I am seriously considering.
Is there anything I need to think of regarding swapping companies and freezones ?
I have a personal loan for my wifes car so have thought about asking the new company for a salary letter before I resign from my current company so the bank doesn't get silly and cash in the blank cheque malarkey but that's it so far.
No other debts
My current villa lease ends at a perfect time and the new company is willing to write a years cheque to carry it on.
The kids deposits for next terms schooling have been paid by me and not the company so there is no cash owed back to them.

Seems too good to be true hence thinking there may be something that I have missed

Any comments gladly received

Millhouse Jun 2nd 2014 5:01 am

Re: Changing freezone visas

Originally Posted by Tockalosh (Post 11284890)
Quick question to the enlightened few if I may

Currently on a DAFZA visa but have a company in JAFZA dangling a very sexy offer in front of me that I am seriously considering.
Is there anything I need to think of regarding swapping companies and freezones ?
I have a personal loan for my wifes car so have thought about asking the new company for a salary letter before I resign from my current company so the bank doesn't get silly and cash in the blank cheque malarkey but that's it so far.
No other debts
My current villa lease ends at a perfect time and the new company is willing to write a years cheque to carry it on.
The kids deposits for next terms schooling have been paid by me and not the company so there is no cash owed back to them.

Seems too good to be true hence thinking there may be something that I have missed

Any comments gladly received

Is the loan a personal one or a car one? Apparently it makes a difference

I had a car loan, HSBC didn't care at all about me changing jobs. I just didn't cash the final salary cheque until I had a new visa.

Tockalosh Jun 2nd 2014 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11284961)
Is the loan a personal one or a car one? Apparently it makes a difference

I had a car loan, HSBC didn't care at all about me changing jobs. I just didn't cash the final salary cheque until I had a new visa.

Loan is personal not car. I wanted to keep clear title on the car so it can be flogged at will if necessary. All looks good really. Just need to decide on my lazy commute to work being exchanged for the madness of a million Indians and Egyptians all heading into Jebel Ali in the morning

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 4th 2014 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Tockalosh (Post 11285393)
Loan is personal not car. I wanted to keep clear title on the car so it can be flogged at will if necessary. All looks good really. Just need to decide on my lazy commute to work being exchanged for the madness of a million Indians and Egyptians all heading into Jebel Ali in the morning

I have a car loan and they didn't bat and eyelid. Depends if your current company want to tell the bank and be awkward.

Personal loan shouldn't be an issue either to be honest.

Tockalosh Jun 4th 2014 2:52 pm

My current company always inform the bank hence asking for a salary certain before gapping to keep them happy.

Thanks to all

the_red_sheep Aug 28th 2014 6:46 am

How did this work out for you?

I’m potentially moving jobs into a DAFZA registered company (from a non-free zone company), been trying to find a copy of the Dubai Airport Freezone Labour Law. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of it? I’ve Googled about but can’t seem to find it.

Or, does anyone know if there is anything substantially different in there from regular UAE Labour Law?

Finally, anything else that it’s helpfully to know when going through this process?

Thanks in advance.