Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Changing Companies

Changing Companies

Old Mar 22nd 2014, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing Companies

Originally Posted by norsk
Putting your dependants on hold was never dependant on a visa transfer (which regardless was only ever possible between two similarly classed companies, ie onshore to onshore). I've done it twice in the past and both times my visa was cancelled and a new one applied for.

I have also heard the rumour that they don't allow you to put your dependants on hold for a 5k deposit anymore (for all of them by the way - not per person), but one of my mates just did it a few weeks ago. I'm planning to do this in just a couple of weeks as well...
yes as i said that now you have to cancel one visa and apply for new visa, and yes you now cannot put your dependants visa on hold..... they all get cancelled and applied for again. it was possible before, but there are different rules if you go for a private company and then to a freezone or whatever.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

It means exactly what I said. Your dependants are put on hold, or banned if you will, whilst you are changing your visa. Considering I've done it twice there isn't much to doubt, but feel free to believe whatever you want.....
yes exactly it means exactly that... they will not cancel your dependants visas while yours changes... but thats no longer the case, so the visas all get cancelled and applied for again.... if you can not do a visa run etc in the meantime, and need to leave the country for 30 days then they go away for a holiday at that time. but be aware that then you will fall foul of adec rules if kids are out of school for too many days...! those are the rules here, and if you dont like them you cannot do much about it....
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Putting your dependants on hold was never dependant on a visa transfer (which regardless was only ever possible between two similarly classed companies, ie onshore to onshore). I've done it twice in the past and both times my visa was cancelled and a new one applied for.

I have also heard the rumour that they don't allow you to put your dependants on hold for a 5k deposit anymore (for all of them by the way - not per person), but one of my mates just did it a few weeks ago. I'm planning to do this in just a couple of weeks as well...
the new rule i think came in like january 2011.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 6:21 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes exactly it means exactly that... they will not cancel your dependants visas while yours changes... but thats no longer the case, so the visas all get cancelled and applied for again.... if you can not do a visa run etc in the meantime, and need to leave the country for 30 days then they go away for a holiday at that time. but be aware that then you will fall foul of adec rules if kids are out of school for too many days...! those are the rules here, and if you dont like them you cannot do much about it....
jesus christ woman! you don't listen to anyone do you?

i have done this twice. both times after january 2011 (actually the first time was in 2012 since i wasn't even in dubai in 2011)....and one of my mates did it a couple of weeks ago...
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jesus christ woman! you don't listen to anyone do you?

i have done this twice. both times after january 2011 (actually the first time was in 2012 since i wasn't even in dubai in 2011)....and one of my mates did it a couple of weeks ago...
really there is no need to be rude....... but as we know.... u go into immigration and you will get 2 different stories
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point

Leaving in September? Back to Kenya or UK?
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gus Honeybun
Leaving in September? Back to Kenya or UK?
Neither actually. Meanwhile I have also been told that the 5K deposit procedure for spouse and family visas is still used, so hopefully the 30 day trip to Kenya may not be necessary.

Last edited by mentalist; Mar 23rd 2014 at 4:48 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 8:31 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

really there is no need to be rude....... but as we know.... u go into immigration and you will get 2 different stories
actually i don't think i was being rude, but you were repeatedly contradicting my facts (firsthand experience - doesn't get more factual than that) with hearsay so there was a need for something a bit stronger than normal...

yes you probably will depending on how you approach so i'll explain how to get it done.

go to main immigration in bur dubai, seek out the desk where they give you the queueing tickets and ask where the captain is sitting (you may have to explain that you have dependants and you are changing company at this point). normally he sits to the right of the desk and you just join the short queue. explain to him what you need (bring your offer letter in arabic from new company, all passports, visa cancellation request from existing company and 5000 dirham). he will have a quick look and write a little note on your paper and tell you to go to a specific counter after you have paid the deposit. the man at the counter will put a ban on each person you sponsor. done! now your visa can be cancelled and the new one applied. as soon as this is done you go back and they will lift the ban and give you the 5000 back.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

actually i don't think i was being rude, but you were repeatedly contradicting my facts (firsthand experience - doesn't get more factual than that) with hearsay so there was a need for something a bit stronger than normal...

yes you probably will depending on how you approach so i'll explain how to get it done.

go to main immigration in bur dubai, seek out the desk where they give you the queueing tickets and ask where the captain is sitting (you may have to explain that you have dependants and you are changing company at this point). normally he sits to the right of the desk and you just join the short queue. explain to him what you need (bring your offer letter in arabic from new company, all passports, visa cancellation request from existing company and 5000 dirham). he will have a quick look and write a little note on your paper and tell you to go to a specific counter after you have paid the deposit. the man at the counter will put a ban on each person you sponsor. done! now your visa can be cancelled and the new one applied. as soon as this is done you go back and they will lift the ban and give you the 5000 back.
we do you know what i am talking about auh immigration and we do know that auh and dxb immigration quite often do different things
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

we do you know what i am talking about auh immigration and we do know that auh and dxb immigration quite often do different things
is da face bovvered?
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Under the circumstances, I think Norsk was remarkably restrained.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Under the circumstances, I think Norsk was remarkably restrained.
do you know what, i still think its rude... there is no need for it... just because i have said something different there is absolutely no need for "that" language..... very uncouth!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

do you know what, i still think its rude... there is no need for it... just because i have said something different there is absolutely no need for "that" language..... very uncouth!!!
You must lead a very sheltered life for Norsk's language to be offensive.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 2:44 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Busybee don't let them get to you, these rough oafs can't comprehend a sweet and tender young woman such as yourself.

An elegant creature, soft of skin and voice who moves gracefully, even ethereally, though the harshness of the world. Parting with words of advice, gifting knowledge and wisdom to confused souls without fear or favour.

But Busybee I'm not like that, I'm not like the others, I do want to give something back. Something that can only be expressed between man to a woman, something beautiful and lasting in a world of temporary feelings and fleeting emotions.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OleJanx
You must lead a very sheltered life for Norsk's language to be offensive.
no iam not but really no need to take anyones name in vain....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.