British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   changes to id cards for kids (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/changes-id-cards-kids-684685/)

busybee2 Sep 9th 2010 11:09 am

changes to id cards for kids

apparently now kids will be required to get id cards, before they were only entered into a population or something census, but now they have decided that they need to have id cards, why, when will they ever need to show them:blink: this will now be at a cost of 120 instead of before it was 70 i believe.

Grace O Malley Sep 9th 2010 1:54 pm

Re: changes to id cards for kids

It generates income, ID cards cost around 10 dollars to make and cost the individual/company 120 dibs...

busybee2 Sep 9th 2010 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8836540)
It generates income, ID cards cost around 10 dollars to make and cost the individual/company 120 dibs...

oh yeh i know why they are doing it, but it did make me larf last year when everyone was running around like headless chickens, must get id cards, will suspect everything etc, and then now this year they have forgotten that their visa has run out and of course so has their id card so they have to go through the procedure again, for what, did they use the cards last year nope, they will be useful now as they have the card readers etc now in the government depts but when will the kids need one? will they be asked to show it when they want to get into the cinema? or the bowling alley etc etc:blink:

Hello.Kitty Sep 10th 2010 7:40 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8836560)
oh yeh i know why they are doing it, but it did make me larf last year when everyone was running around like headless chickens, must get id cards, will suspect everything etc, and then now this year they have forgotten that their visa has run out and of course so has their id card so they have to go through the procedure again, for what, did they use the cards last year nope, they will be useful now as they have the card readers etc now in the government depts but when will the kids need one? will they be asked to show it when they want to get into the cinema? or the bowling alley etc etc:blink:

yeah, my 14 month-old son will find it really useful!

Sod that for a game of soldiers. We've just forked out £400 for his residency visa ("Sir, only the VIP service available today!" Bollocks!)...

busybee2 Sep 10th 2010 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 8838399)
yeah, my 14 month-old son will find it really useful!

Sod that for a game of soldiers. We've just forked out £400 for his residency visa ("Sir, only the VIP service available today!" Bollocks!)...

maybe he can chew on it.