Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Certificates Attested By UAE Embassy London

Certificates Attested By UAE Embassy London

Old Mar 29th 2018, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Certificates Attested By UAE Embassy London

Notarisation of documents does vary fee wise. I haggled around the local solicitors offering these services and believe I paid around 60 quid or so, to get my degree attested.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 8:13 am
Just Joined

londonlassi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi forumites,

Jess I am currently at a similar stage albeit just had my documemts notorised last week (batch of around 13 in total for £100 total) - good notary office directly opposite seven kings station in east london /essex area called dhillon raj - with a very experienced, patient and helpful approach. Can go there usually between 1-7pm mon-fri took 1 hour to wait due to lady ahead of me and around 1hour to process. Metered parking available outside too max £4 for up to 3 hours.

If this info helps anyone. I did my degree certificate and 4 years if transcripts too - just in case plus other docs.

I then submitted multiple all of mine online at home on my pc to fco @ MK for £30/doc plus postage and return courier @£5.50.

Today I expect to visit the UAE embassy soon - may drive there.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Solicitors in Britain are sometimes woefully ignorant of the procedures involved in getting an apostille or legalisation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention
Old Apr 5th 2018, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Though many people don't realise this, there are professional notaries in the UK - when I did my certificates (8 years ago, so it might well have changed), our local notary was somewhat cheaper than the solicitors, and did actually know what he was doing!
https://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/
Old Apr 6th 2018, 6:31 am
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

Notary Publics - thought everyone knew about them.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Notaries Public.

In Scotland they are solicitors

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/for-the-public/

Do not bank on them knowing about apostilles and legalisation.

Last edited by scot47; Apr 8th 2018 at 9:31 am.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sabi Star
Notary Publics - thought everyone knew about them.
No. Of the 20+ Brits I have hired over the past 6-7 years (grads and postgrads all), I doubt more than one or two had ever heard of notaries in the UK - most assumed I meant a solicitor, often associating it with what a solicitor in France (Notaire) does.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scot47
Notaries Public.
In Scotland they are solicitors
https://www.lawscot.org.uk/for-the-public/
Do not bank on them knowing about apostilles and legalisation.
I assume that "do not bank..." comment relates to solicitors in Scotland, because knowing about apostilles and legalisation is exactly one of the core jobs for English notaries.
https://www.thenotariessociety.org.u...-a-notary-does
Old Apr 8th 2018, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My experience has been that solicitors in Scotland, who are also notaries, are woefully ignorant on the subject. They may have done a course in Public and Private International Law but know nothing about the Hague Convention !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

Last edited by scot47; Apr 8th 2018 at 2:42 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 8:06 am
Just Joined

jess12188 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by londonlassi
Hi forumites,

Jess I am currently at a similar stage albeit just had my documemts notorised last week (batch of around 13 in total for £100 total) - good notary office directly opposite seven kings station in east london /essex area called dhillon raj - with a very experienced, patient and helpful approach. Can go there usually between 1-7pm mon-fri took 1 hour to wait due to lady ahead of me and around 1hour to process. Metered parking available outside too max £4 for up to 3 hours.

If this info helps anyone. I did my degree certificate and 4 years if transcripts too - just in case plus other docs.

I then submitted multiple all of mine online at home on my pc to fco @ MK for £30/doc plus postage and return courier @£5.50.

Today I expect to visit the UAE embassy soon - may drive there.

Thank you for your message. Did they just photocopy and sign your certificates?