Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Censorship in Dubai

Censorship in Dubai

Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:47 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Censorship in Dubai

The sequel to the best film ever made (Bridget Jones) is out soon in Dubai and I'd love to go see it, but is there any way to find out how censored it's going to be?

There's nothing more annoying than when they chop bits out of a film, stick it back together and for a few minutes you're totally lost and you get the feeling you've missed something great (i.e. Brad Pitt naked in Troy). I think sometimes it doesn't matter too much, but with some films you could lose a lot.

Has anyone been to see a film here that was really butchered? I heard Love Actually had a lot missing so purposely waited for the DVD.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:55 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: Censorship in Dubai

Originally Posted by kristy
you get the feeling you've missed something great (i.e. Brad Pitt naked in Troy).
and I get bollocked for mentioning when somone looks fit in a movie.... jeeez.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:02 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Hey... u two why don't u keep ur argument between yourself??? Wait till u see each other and you can start bickering...

Love Actually of course you won't see much of it if u see it here in ME...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:04 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by novita77
Hey... u two why don't u keep ur argument between yourself??? Wait till u see each other and you can start bickering...

Love Actually of course you won't see much of it if u see it here in ME...
lighten up.

Got it on DVD in the UK. Coulda bought it over on the laptop but it was full of other movies....
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:12 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

I do not remember this incident and I'm sure it might just have been a gentle slap if indeed it did ever happen!!!!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:13 am
rafter

Dunno what is gonna be in BJ but Love Actually was pretty butchered, the nude scenes with Joanna Page and that guy from the Office were all cut and some other bits, you could tell where they had chopped off some bits but it wasn't bad enough for you not to understand the storyline

Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:15 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by rafter
Dunno what is gonna be in BJ but Love Actually was pretty butchered, the nude scenes with Joanna Page and that guy from the Office were all cut and some other bits, you could tell where they had chopped off some bits but it wasn't bad enough for you not to understand the storyline
Yeah I thought they'd cut those scenes. Did you then get some scenes with them in (i.e. when they were fully clothed) and then wonder who the hell they were??
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:21 am
rafter

LOL yeah I remember seeing them together at Heathrow in the last few mins of the film and wondering who the hell they were

Old Nov 18th 2004, 10:08 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

lighten up.

Got it on DVD in the UK. Coulda bought it over on the laptop but it was full of other movies....
Hmmm now what kind of movies would you be trying to smuggle into the UAE then JC on your laptop?????
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rafter
No, but it was bad enough to make it a shite film. Oh no - that was Hugh Grant & Martine McWhatsername that did that!!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:10 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
No, but it was bad enough to make it a shite film. Oh no - that was Hugh Grant & Martine McWhatsername that did that!!
U arn't Barry Nomram r u LL?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:19 pm
rafter

Love Actually came out in the cinemas in March, something to do with it being a Christmas movie?

Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
U arn't Barry Nomram r u LL?
Nah - just couldn't stand those 2 in the film. Can't really stand them any time mind you - who was the eejit who told Martine she had talent anyway?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:21 pm
rafter

McCutcheon

Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:27 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Nah - just couldn't stand those 2 in the film. Can't really stand them any time mind you - who was the eejit who told Martine she had talent anyway?
My ex wife thought she was great - which is why I devorced her

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.