British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Censorship in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/censorship-dubai-267208/)

kristy Nov 18th 2004 5:47 am

Censorship in Dubai

The sequel to the best film ever made (Bridget Jones) is out soon in Dubai and I'd love to go see it, but is there any way to find out how censored it's going to be?

There's nothing more annoying than when they chop bits out of a film, stick it back together and for a few minutes you're totally lost and you get the feeling you've missed something great (i.e. Brad Pitt naked in Troy). I think sometimes it doesn't matter too much, but with some films you could lose a lot.

Has anyone been to see a film here that was really butchered? I heard Love Actually had a lot missing so purposely waited for the DVD.

joseph.creative Nov 18th 2004 6:55 am

Re: Censorship in Dubai

Originally Posted by kristy
you get the feeling you've missed something great (i.e. Brad Pitt naked in Troy).

and I get bollocked for mentioning when somone looks fit in a movie.... jeeez.

novita77 Nov 18th 2004 7:02 am

Originally Posted by joseph.creative

Hey... u two why don't u keep ur argument between yourself??? Wait till u see each other and you can start bickering... :D

Love Actually of course you won't see much of it if u see it here in ME...

joseph.creative Nov 18th 2004 7:04 am

Originally Posted by novita77
Hey... u two why don't u keep ur argument between yourself??? Wait till u see each other and you can start bickering... :D

Love Actually of course you won't see much of it if u see it here in ME...

lighten up.

Got it on DVD in the UK. Coulda bought it over on the laptop but it was full of other movies....

kristy Nov 18th 2004 7:12 am

I do not remember this incident and I'm sure it might just have been a gentle slap if indeed it did ever happen!!!! :D

rafter Nov 18th 2004 7:13 am

Dunno what is gonna be in BJ but Love Actually was pretty butchered, the nude scenes with Joanna Page and that guy from the Office were all cut and some other bits, you could tell where they had chopped off some bits but it wasn't bad enough for you not to understand the storyline

kristy Nov 18th 2004 7:15 am

Originally Posted by rafter
Dunno what is gonna be in BJ but Love Actually was pretty butchered, the nude scenes with Joanna Page and that guy from the Office were all cut and some other bits, you could tell where they had chopped off some bits but it wasn't bad enough for you not to understand the storyline

Yeah I thought they'd cut those scenes. Did you then get some scenes with them in (i.e. when they were fully clothed) and then wonder who the hell they were??

rafter Nov 18th 2004 7:21 am

LOL yeah I remember seeing them together at Heathrow in the last few mins of the film and wondering who the hell they were :D

Jellybean Nov 18th 2004 10:08 am

lighten up.

Got it on DVD in the UK. Coulda bought it over on the laptop but it was full of other movies....

Hmmm now what kind of movies would you be trying to smuggle into the UAE then JC on your laptop????? :D

LakesLassie Nov 18th 2004 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by rafter

No, but it was bad enough to make it a shite film. Oh no - that was Hugh Grant & Martine McWhatsername that did that!! ;)

Truth Speak Nov 18th 2004 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
No, but it was bad enough to make it a shite film. Oh no - that was Hugh Grant & Martine McWhatsername that did that!! ;)

U arn't Barry Nomram r u LL?

rafter Nov 18th 2004 1:19 pm

Love Actually came out in the cinemas in March, something to do with it being a Christmas movie? :rolleyes:

LakesLassie Nov 18th 2004 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
U arn't Barry Nomram r u LL?

Nah - just couldn't stand those 2 in the film. Can't really stand them any time mind you - who was the eejit who told Martine she had talent anyway? :confused:

rafter Nov 18th 2004 1:21 pm

McCutcheon
;)

Truth Speak Nov 18th 2004 1:27 pm

Nah - just couldn't stand those 2 in the film. Can't really stand them any time mind you - who was the eejit who told Martine she had talent anyway? :confused:

My ex wife thought she was great - which is why I devorced her :)