Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Caviar And Champagne ......

Caviar And Champagne ......

Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:53 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Caviar And Champagne ......

Or Fish and Chips.

Anyone fancy a few bottles of bolly next Wednesday evening?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:56 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caviar And Champagne ......

Originally Posted by MJC
Or Fish and Chips.

Prefer the first option lol never known to refuse champagne
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:00 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Longs at Rotana?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:02 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Longs at Rotana?
Thats one of our usual haunts on a wednesday night Not tonight though - no-one wants to come out to play so just red wine and a movie for me I think
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:04 pm
Its all good

So take it you took the job with Emirates then - when do you arrive?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:07 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

your memory is so good, I get there on saturday for a week, then back here then start early may - and i mean next wednesday not tonight!!

Originally Posted by Fairydust
So take it you took the job with Emirates then - when do you arrive?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:08 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by MJC
your memory is so good, I get there on saturday for a week, then back here then start early may - and i mean next wednesday not tonight!!
Yes realised that - not had too much wine just yet
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:11 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wink Re: Caviar And Champagne ......

Chablis, sancerre, barola?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:37 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by MJC
Chablis, sancerre, barola?
No nothing so nice just a bottle of Jacobs Creek Shiraz Cabernet I picked up at duty free yesterday
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:47 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can't be bad
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:49 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by MJC
Can't be bad
No I've tasted worse
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:50 pm
Its all good

So have you sorted out anywhere to live yet? Are Emirates providing accommodation for you or just an allowance? We are in one of the Emirates council estates lol
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:44 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that's what i'm sorting out, 2 kids 4 and 11, so i want a villa
Emirates will either provide 10k/month or accom. I'm taking the accom for the first 6 months.
So are you and hubby up for a beer on wednesday?

Michael
Originally Posted by Fairydust
So have you sorted out anywhere to live yet? Are Emirates providing accommodation for you or just an allowance? We are in one of the Emirates council estates lol
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:24 am
Its all good

Originally Posted by MJC
that's what i'm sorting out, 2 kids 4 and 11, so i want a villa
Emirates will either provide 10k/month or accom. I'm taking the accom for the first 6 months.
So are you and hubby up for a beer on wednesday?

Michael
Yes that sounds good he might have to meet us later though as I think he might be in the sim till 10ish. Have they told you where the accommodation is yet - might be around the corner from us :scared: Don't know what sort of deal you are on, but they usually pay all your utilities except phone whilst in company accommodation - so might be worth seeing where it is before committing to a rental contract elsewhere. Don't know if they'll tell you before you start though as we didn't find out until we got here

Last edited by Fairydust; Apr 14th 2005 at 8:55 am.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:28 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MJC
Or Fish and Chips.

Ditched Nando's last nite and opted for fish and chips at Cambden Head in Islington........ was gr8 fun.... got to attend the weekly 99 Comedy Club gig upstairs........ absolutely hilarious!!!!!!

Fish and chips at Japengos is still better though. LOL

Spent the nite at my mates place at Old Street, then onto the 149 bus this AM down to London Bridge and then onto the SE Trains into New Eltham, which was followed by a refreshing 1800 yard walk back to my room.

So what did u lot get upto? LOL

Last edited by Face81; Apr 14th 2005 at 9:30 am.