Reload this Page >

Cats from the UK to Dubai

Cats from the UK to Dubai

Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:58 am
Just Joined

byronlindi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cats from the UK to Dubai

Hi All,

Can you pls give me some advise/ personal experiences regarding relocating cats from the UK to Dubai. Just a few questions/ concerns:

* Was it very costly ?
* Did you find accomodation that is pet friendly (apartments and/ or villas) ?
* Do you pay more for such accomodation ?
* Did the cats adapt to the new enviroment (from the cold to the heat)?

Any other advise you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:54 pm
Dreams come true....when?

Ifti is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cats from the UK to Dubai

Originally Posted by byronlindi
Hi All,

Can you pls give me some advise/ personal experiences regarding relocating cats from the UK to Dubai. Just a few questions/ concerns:

* Was it very costly ?

Thanks,

In Dubai they tend to stick needles into the cats eyes before they let it into the country. They prefer their cats blind, especially UK ones, in case you export any cats from Dubai that may be spies and have country secrets etc.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:46 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ifti
In Dubai they tend to stick needles into the cats eyes before they let it into the country. They prefer their cats blind, especially UK ones, in case you export any cats from Dubai that may be spies and have country secrets etc.
What a load of crap.....!!!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:51 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Cats from the UK to Dubai

Hi

We are moving to Dubai in March and will be taking our two cats. I stumbled across this website: http://www.dkc.ae/ which offers a pet relocation service and informs you on what you need to do.

I've just emailed them with a few questions, so once I've heard back from them I'll update you.

Good Luck

Zannie
Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:51 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by byronlindi
Hi All,

* Was it very costly ?

Thanks,
I no one or two ppl that have bought their cat/s with them though I dont quite no in the ins and outs.
You may have problems with apartments as many now dont allow pets in particular the newer ones.
If you opt for a villa - most have gardens, there is no extra cost, though short haired cats tend to thrive better and tend to stay indoors much of the time.
There are several vetinary clinics here - So, I would suggest that you ensure that your cat/s are up to date with vaccines etc! It may help to contact some of these vets and see if they can offer any more advice.

Good luck
Heart
I choose not to bring my cat here with me purely because of age!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

byronlindi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info - I would appreciate it if you can let me know how things go.

Good luck with the move.

Originally Posted by Zannie
Hi

We are moving to Dubai in March and will be taking our two cats. I stumbled across this website: http://www.dkc.ae/ which offers a pet relocation service and informs you on what you need to do.

I've just emailed them with a few questions, so once I've heard back from them I'll update you.

Good Luck

Zannie
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:28 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ifti
Theres a time and a place for stupid crap like this.....the poster was asking a sensible question!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:01 pm
Dreams come true....when?

Ifti is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Theres a time and a place for stupid crap like this.....the poster was asking a sensible question!!!!
U people need to chil out abit, it was abit obvious that it wasnt a serious comment!
Relax man!