Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cars - Cash or Loan

Cars - Cash or Loan

Old Apr 5th 2015, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Cars - Cash or Loan

I'm looking, finally to buy a car. Probably a Prado, though that's not decided yet on the basis that she who must be obeyed wants a battle wagon for safety, and if I'm going to get one then I want something Japanese that'll acutally go in the desert.

I can if needed pay cash - is there any sensible advantage to doing that or am I best off taking finance? Will I get a better deal for cash or is there no real difference?

Also dealers or Ras al Khor?
Old Apr 5th 2015, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Cars - Cash or Loan

Originally Posted by Cypselos
I'm looking, finally to buy a car. Probably a Prado, though that's not decided yet on the basis that she who must be obeyed wants a battle wagon for safety, and if I'm going to get one then I want something Japanese that'll acutally go in the desert.

I can if needed pay cash - is there any sensible advantage to doing that or am I best off taking finance? Will I get a better deal for cash or is there no real difference?

Also dealers or Ras al Khor?
Not sure whether better deal for cash, maybe, maybe not. I'd assume so purely because it's less hassle.

You don't have to take finance, I did but the mrs took a regular personal loan.

Logic dictates that:

AED 100,000 (for sake of argument) earning 1% in savings Vs. AED 100,000 loan costing more than 1% in interest is a pretty straight forward decision to make.

It just hurts to think of paying all that cash out.