Carry on Baggage

Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carry on Baggage

There's a bit of debate going on about BA's new rules for carry on baggage. People complaining they can't get through check in with more than one piece of luggage to carry on board with them.

Thing is...you're allowed 1 bag plus an electronic Item (laptop) and you'll probably end up with another bag of duty free.

How much more cr.ap do people expect to carry on board with them?!

Haven't flown much lately but recall the last few times i've flown the bags people carry on lately are like suitcases that barely fit into the overhead do-hickys.

What are these people carrying that can't go in cargo below?

Most of the time the stuff people put in the overhead do hickys stay there the whole flight so the stuff can't have been needed anyway.

.....not the most pressing issue in world news but......
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:13 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carry on Baggage

On Saturday Emirates took my carry on case off me at the gate (and it is a very small case, not like some of the trunks people take with them as hand luggage).

I did ask why some people got through with both a laptop case and a carry on case, but the charming Emirates lady just walked off and ignored me.

I think the BA issue is more to do with the fact that they are going to charge 240 quid (if I read it properly) for extra luggage that is checked in to the hold.

Last edited by NorthernLad; Feb 14th 2007 at 3:17 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
On Saturday Emirates took my carry on case off me at the gate (and it is a very small case, not like some of the trunks people take with them as hand luggage).

I did ask why some people got through with both a laptop case and a carry on case, but the charming Emirates lady just walked off and ignored me.

I think the BA issue is more to do with the fact that they are going to charge 240 quid (if I read it properly) for extra luggage that is checked in to the hold.
ahhhh...i took 'hold luggage' to mean stuff you carry on with you (as in ...hold onto lol)....not the cargo hold stuff. That makes more sense.
Right - i'm up with the issue now.

But in anycase my initial query on why people carry on so much cr.ap is beyond me.
And another thing....why do people have to stand up and form a queue for the door before the plane as even pulled up at the gate....it's usually at least 10mins before that queue moves.
Clearly minor issues are bothering me today...but i'm flying to Uk and NZ in the next 3 weeks so have to deal with all this.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
But in anycase my initial query on why people carry on so much cr.ap is beyond me.
And another thing....why do people have to stand up and form a queue for the door before the plane as even pulled up at the gate....it's usually at least 10mins before that queue moves.
they have to start queuing early to make sure they've got space in the overheads for all the cr*p they are carrying on board, lol!

I must say I don't understand BA - why would they do it? as long as you're within the weight limit who gives a b*ggery b*llox how many bags you've got. And anyone with young kids will know it's not possible to travel light!

MM, xx
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
they have to start queuing early to make sure they've got space in the overheads for all the cr*p they are carrying on board, lol!

I must say I don't understand BA - why would they do it? as long as you're within the weight limit who gives a b*ggery b*llox how many bags you've got. And anyone with young kids will know it's not possible to travel light!

MM, xx
true...but meant the queue in the plane to get off it. :-)
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

true...but meant the queue in the plane to get off it. :-)
oh, doh!

MM, xx
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:13 pm
Banned

Austin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to all

oh, doh!

MM, xx
Does that mean i can't take the Mother in Law
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

MM, it is more likely to be a bulk problem than a weight problem. The less space peoples' suitcases take up in the hold the more room there is for cargo. The cargo is often more profitable than the passengers anyway, even for a passenger airline.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:58 am
W10

I don't understand why anyone would fly BA (unless they are in the divine Club World or First)

Their economy and premium economy products are nothing short of shocking, and they're more expensive than most of the other airlines too.

Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
MM, it is more likely to be a bulk problem than a weight problem. The less space peoples' suitcases take up in the hold the more room there is for cargo. The cargo is often more profitable than the passengers anyway, even for a passenger airline.
I know, silly me...here was I thinking that BA was running a service for passengers, lmao ! Oh well, I use Virgin whenever I can...and will only use BA as a last resot in future

MM, xx
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

No, BA is running a service for the SHAREHOLDERS. Actually, all airlines are but some make a better job of meeting the needs of the customers at the same time. It sometimes seems BA goes looking for PR disasters. To introduce this just after the (aborted) cabin crew strike- well, you must need an MBA to make those sorts of decisions. That is why mere mortals like me don't understand them.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There's a bit of debate going on about BA's new rules for carry on baggage. People complaining they can't get through check in with more than one piece of luggage to carry on board with them.

Thing is...you're allowed 1 bag plus an electronic Item (laptop) and you'll probably end up with another bag of duty free.

How much more cr.ap do people expect to carry on board with them?!

Haven't flown much lately but recall the last few times i've flown the bags people carry on lately are like suitcases that barely fit into the overhead do-hickys.

What are these people carrying that can't go in cargo below?

Most of the time the stuff people put in the overhead do hickys stay there the whole flight so the stuff can't have been needed anyway.

.....not the most pressing issue in world news but......
If you are referring to British Airways...that's not correct...it's the BAA British Aviation Authority who have put the restrictions on hand luggage. You are only allowed one handbag or one laptop or one briefcase. Even one bag inside another is not allowed ie a handbag inside a tote bag.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you are referring to British Airways...that's not correct...it's the BAA British Aviation Authority who have put the restrictions on hand luggage. You are only allowed one handbag or one laptop or one briefcase. Even one bag inside another is not allowed ie a handbag inside a tote bag.
no JG, we're talking about BA's new decision to charge for more than one piece of check-in luggage, not hand luggage...it's £240 for long haul flights, a bit less for short haul I think.

MM, xx
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

no JG, we're talking about BA's new decision to charge for more than one piece of check-in luggage, not hand luggage...it's £240 for long haul flights, a bit less for short haul I think.

MM, xx
LOL that'll teach me to read the whole thread. Not heard that before...but we were discussing hand luggage restrictions flying out of UK airtports over in the USA forum.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:51 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
LOL that'll teach me to read the whole thread. Not heard that before...but we were discussing hand luggage restrictions flying out of UK airtports over in the USA forum.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...250703,00.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.