Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car Transfer - Finance

Car Transfer - Finance

Old Sep 8th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Transfer - Finance

Afternoon Bored,

I'm likely to buy another car shortly. The one I want is in Dubai, they owner is only looking for someone to take over the monthly payments. Does anyone know what the procedure is for that, I'm presuming it's another salary letter, then arranging it through the same bank is the finance on the car is with? then half a day at the RTA to do the transfer, then however this export to Abu Dhabi thing works?

Can you also transfer the insurance? I've seen plenty adverts stating how long there is left on the insurance as if it's a selling point, so presuming you can, however since the original premium paid should reflect the claim history of the original owner, it doesn't make sense if he can get a good premium and then transfer the insurance to a shit driver like me?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Transfer - Finance

Anyone?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Afternoon Bored,

I'm likely to buy another car shortly. The one I want is in Dubai, they owner is only looking for someone to take over the monthly payments. Does anyone know what the procedure is for that, I'm presuming it's another salary letter, then arranging it through the same bank is the finance on the car is with? then half a day at the RTA to do the transfer, then however this export to Abu Dhabi thing works?

Can you also transfer the insurance? I've seen plenty adverts stating how long there is left on the insurance as if it's a selling point, so presuming you can, however since the original premium paid should reflect the claim history of the original owner, it doesn't make sense if he can get a good premium and then transfer the insurance to a shit driver like me?
why not find out who the car is financed by and insured with, then give them a ring. Good luck
Old Sep 13th 2011, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

bank payments are divided out at the beginning of the loan ie 24 months etc. whose to say that now that car is worth x times remaining loan payments, it may have gone down. so i would get them to pay off the loan first and not take over their payments you may not want to deal with "their" mortgage/loan provider etc. also with insurance yes and no the insurance is usually worked out on 4 or 5% depending on whether car or 4x4 but if you have no claims discount etc then you should be able to get a discount, and so you may actually get a better or worse rate, check out what you would have to pay for that car first.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:21 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that either the banks or the RTA don't allow transfer of ownership on a car that has an outstanding loan against it? The story I keep hearing is that you can't just agree to take over someone else's payments, the original loan has to be paid off before a car can change owners.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:15 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore
I thought that either the banks or the RTA don't allow transfer of ownership on a car that has an outstanding loan against it? The story I keep hearing is that you can't just agree to take over someone else's payments, the original loan has to be paid off before a car can change owners.
Yes thats the way I think it works
Old Sep 17th 2011, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i have heard of people transferring over payments though. i suppose it depends on which bank.