Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

the car retailer 4x4 motors...

the car retailer 4x4 motors...

Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default the car retailer 4x4 motors...

...is it legit...?? we are looking at buying a car, and they say that they import their cars from the usa, so you can save 120k dhs buying from them as opposed to the dealer (this is on a range rover)...

they said it's the same spec etc...i'm just wondering what the catch is, anyone bought a car from them...??

MM, xx
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of
Default Re: the car retailer 4x4 motors...

Hi MM,

Yes we bought our Mustang from 4 x 4 motors 2 years ago and she's our beloved pet !! True she was imported from the USA with 8,000 miles on her and we bought her with all her papers etc.

Came home, searched on ford using chassis number etc and found out when she came out of the factory, who had her and all her history - it was amazing.

Yes they are certainly legit - very good customer service - we would recommend them to anyone .... oh and most of the sales people were Eurpeans too ! So they really enjoyed letting us try all sorts of sports cars and were very helpful and knowledgeable about what we wanted.

So we bought Emily for my husband's 50th birthday but she's mine now Decided putting 250 kms on her per day when he was still working in AD was ridiculous. Now he drives only 75 kms per day and it's still ridiculous and anyway - she suits me more
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

well Smoochy had a good experience, but I know plenty others who didn't included myself, I bought a Rav from them which I later found out had been clocked. Also a friend of mine bought a 4x4 from them which turned out to have been salvaged from a boat that sunk!!! that had to be scrapped in the end, too many electrical probs and the main dealer wouldn't get involved because of where it had come from. Then I was told that they were selling imports from the US that had been written off during Hurricane Katrina

I would say use a main dealer when you can.

Emily is lovely
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

MM what are you looking for? A very good friend of mine - leaving for good tomorrow is selling an Explorer in immaculate condition for .... wait for it ..... 30K - throwing it away because they're leaving for good. You'd have to go and get it today if it hasn't gone yet.

It is a 5 door with all the trimmings, never been scratched, dented etc. She makes jewellery too and she clocked only 112,000 kms I think in 7 years.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you her number.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
MM what are you looking for? A very good friend of mine - leaving for good tomorrow is selling an Explorer in immaculate condition for .... wait for it ..... 30K - throwing it away because they're leaving for good. You'd have to go and get it today if it hasn't gone yet.

It is a 5 door with all the trimmings, never been scratched, dented etc. She makes jewellery too and she clocked only 112,000 kms I think in 7 years.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you her number.
thanks - this all started cos our neighbours boss is going back to the uk and has a top notch, super charged, range rover for sale at a really low price...we were checking out whether this was a good as it sounds, and 4x4 seem to have one just one grade down for the same price brand new, which seemed too good to be true...think we'll go with this guy's one, i've fallen in love with it tbh, but thanks anyway...

MM, xx
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
thanks - this all started cos our neighbours boss is going back to the uk and has a top notch, super charged, range rover for sale at a really low price...we were checking out whether this was a good as it sounds, and 4x4 seem to have one just one grade down for the same price brand new, which seemed too good to be true...think we'll go with this guy's one, i've fallen in love with it tbh, but thanks anyway...

MM, xx
MM be careful these Range Rovers aren't all they are cracked up to be, a friend of mine traded hers and her husbands in after a year as they had that many problems with them. sorry
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Well like I said, ours turned out good but you never know I guess with car dealers in this place. I would buy your friends car - at least you know they would have taken care of it like they said.

I wish I could get Sharon's Explorer - we only have a little 3-door Pajero which carries nothing in it - not even enough food for the giants really so could do with upgrading. Shame I didn't know early enough to sell the Paj in time to buy hers.

Oh well - obviously not meant for us
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
MM be careful these Range Rovers aren't all they are cracked up to be, a friend of mine traded hers and her husbands in after a year as they had that many problems with them. sorry
they can't be any more crap than my bmw, believe me, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
they can't be any more crap than my bmw, believe me, lol...

MM, xx
LOL!! I love your BMW! I have always wanted one!!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Dulge is an unknown quantity at this point

good info. Do you mind sending me a message with those retailer's details and I could use their services too? A phone number would be appreciated...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 11:45 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that in Dubai you could just go to the airport and choose any car you wanted as there are 1,000's of them left there with keys in the ignition.

Seriously, there must be some pretty awesome deals going at the moment for cars.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
I thought that in Dubai you could just go to the airport and choose any car you wanted as there are 1,000's of them left there with keys in the ignition.

Seriously, there must be some pretty awesome deals going at the moment for cars.
there are and Ireally want one of those Infiniti FX35's but who would buy my car?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:10 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

DONT GO NEAR THEM

4x4 motors are renowned for clocking cars, getting shodddy bangladeshi repairs done on write offs etc etc etc

At least half the USA imports in the UAE are from insurance write offs in the US, its not economical to repair them in the US but when an unskilled bloke with a hammer can panel beat for $100 a month and you can buy a hardly used engine from japan for 3500aed from a dodgy afghan in sharjah its worth their while in the UAE....incedentially it was car dealers here who have told me proudly of this scheme..

(i kid you not most of sharjah industrial area is based on this as an industry)
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:12 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

MM, Land Rover are offering 50'000 AED off the price of a Supercharged. That way you get 5 yrs warranty and servicing as well. Don't know how much the used one from your friend is, but Land Rover are really not having a good time at the mo, so good time to haggle!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Roadking
MM, Land Rover are offering 50'000 AED off the price of a Supercharged. That way you get 5 yrs warranty and servicing as well. Don't know how much the used one from your friend is, but Land Rover are really not having a good time at the mo, so good time to haggle!
yeah, to be honest, that's what first made me even think about a range rover...but, this guy bought it for 380k dhs just under a year ago, and will take 200k now, so it seems like a great bargain, especially as we "know" where it's been, he's hardly used is as he had a driver to take him to and from work, and his wife has her own car...it looks as if it's just come out of the showroom...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.