British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Car Rentals - Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/car-rentals-dubai-907428/)

yassar Jan 3rd 2018 12:01 am

Car Rentals - Dubai

Hi Guys.

Im really glad this website exists.

As i feel all my worries can now be answered.

So the worry for today. I move to Dubai on the 29th January 2018.

After finding Accommodation. I require a car. However i have no Credit Card.

I have been quoted 2000AED from a company but they wish to keep my passport for the term of the rental. They charge no deposits ( big no no?)

However after looking on Skyscanner, I found that price was equivalent to airport prices. So i wasn't getting an appealing deal to begin with.

If somebody could please suggest some good reliable companies in Dubai who would rent me a vehicle with a cash deposit or Debit Card id be grateful.

Thanks in Advance.

jam25mack Jan 3rd 2018 3:40 am

Re: Car Rentals - Dubai

Find out who your company has a deal with and rent from them.

I'd never give a hire car company my passport.

Most don't take a deposit.

1,700 - 2,000 is the going rate for a medium sedan type vehicle. Kia Rio, Tiida, Yaris etc.

ExpatAl Jan 3rd 2018 4:25 am

I agree - they shouldn't need a passport, surely a photocopy would suffice...

mission Jan 3rd 2018 8:30 am

NEVER give your passport to any retail outlet....you might get it cheaper if you take out a longer lease eg 1 yr.

UKMS Jan 3rd 2018 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by yassar (Post 12409582)
Hi Guys.

Im really glad this website exists.

As i feel all my worries can now be answered.

So the worry for today. I move to Dubai on the 29th January 2018.

After finding Accommodation. I require a car. However i have no Credit Card.

I have been quoted 2000AED from a company but they wish to keep my passport for the term of the rental. They charge no deposits ( big no no?)

However after looking on Skyscanner, I found that price was equivalent to airport prices. So i wasn't getting an appealing deal to begin with.

If somebody could please suggest some good reliable companies in Dubai who would rent me a vehicle with a cash deposit or Debit Card id be grateful.

Thanks in Advance.

When we first arrived I hired from Diamondlease (they have mixed reviews but were fine for me). I paid the rental upfront with a UK (HSBC) visa debit card, they didn’t take a deposit and just took a copy of my passport and entry visa stamp.

yassar Jan 3rd 2018 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12409641)
Find out who your company has a deal with and rent from them.

I'd never give a hire car company my passport.

Most don't take a deposit.

1,700 - 2,000 is the going rate for a medium sedan type vehicle. Kia Rio, Tiida, Yaris etc.

I spoke to diamond lease however they are adamant a credit card is needed. Maybe it would be better if i spoke to them in person.

I have contact my company and they have given me a contact number.
Contacted this company today and wanted prices on Kia Rio Hatchback and Nissan Sunny. I was told Nissan is 1500 AED and Kia Rio 1700AED.

A soft copy of my passport and driving license is needed and no deposit required. They will also drop it to my hotel/apartment.

jam25mack Jan 4th 2018 5:24 am

Originally Posted by yassar (Post 12410464)
Contacted this company today and wanted prices on Kia Rio Hatchback and Nissan Sunny. I was told Nissan is 1500 AED and Kia Rio 1700AED.

What company is that? 1700 for a Rio is pretty decent.

yassar Jan 4th 2018 1:25 pm

The company is called : World Car Rental | Best Priced Car Rental in Dubai.

If you mention my name. I could possibly get a discount lol.

UKMS Jan 4th 2018 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by yassar (Post 12410464)
I spoke to diamond lease however they are adamant a credit card is needed. Maybe it would be better if i spoke to them in person.

A soft copy of my passport and driving license is needed and no deposit required. They will also drop it to my hotel/apartment.

I went to the Diamondlease office (knowledge village) to sort in person.

Also to give you an idea on price once you get settled ...... I currently rent a brand new Ford Ecosport for my wife from Avis @ 1199 per month on a 12 month rental but you definitely need a credit card for that.