Reload this Page >

Car Rental in Dubai Marina

Car Rental in Dubai Marina

Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Car Rental in Dubai Marina

Hello,

does anyone know of a good and reliable car rental (preferably with website) which is located in the Dubai Marina? (we will live close to the marina yacht club, maybe there is something closeby)
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Default Re: Car Rental in Dubai Marina

Yep theres one opposite you. Its in the grosvenor house hotel, National Car rental.

The Pickup Information
Address: West Marina Beach
Dubai, 0
Phone: (009715)5582142
Fax: (4)2821684
Hours: Sun-Sat: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm

They have very good prices and i have hired a few vehicles from them since arriving about a month ago. I first got a FOCUS for a week and they charged me 706 AED which ithought was a bargain, worked out to be roughly £100. They even upgraded it to a Mondeo.

One word of warning though, check the vehicle for any scratches and marks before hand, whilst you wont be liable for any damage caused you will need to get a police report which at the moment will bloody take you ages!

Also check the air con prior as when i rented 2 of the cars air con didnt work properly and i refused to take it!

Also you wont be able to rent a car on a employment visa i have been told, so hopefully you have a tourist visa on a british passport with a UK drivers licence or a UK passport with residency visa and a UAE drivers licence.

Also book the reservation online, going in person adds a few hundred pounds for some reason.

https://www.nationalcar.com/index.do...sRentalInfo.do

PM me and ill give you further details if you like!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

I would also recommend National as above. I rented a ford focus for a month when I arrived for for 2,100Dhs (back in January).
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot for the advice, I checked out the website and the prices seem great!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

I have an aditional question: Do you normally get a Colision Damage waiver if you rent a car in the UAE? Is 30 AED a normal price per day?