car reliability

Old Nov 18th 2015, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

herowing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car reliability

Hi, guys:

I will be arriving in Riyadh soon and have been thinking about getting a BMW (X3 or the 3 series) once i got there. However, due to the extreme weather condition there, I am concerned about the reliability of these cars as well as the price of the parts.

From reading online posts, it seems like the Japanese car brands are more reliable and it takes almost half of the market, meaning probably cheaper parts.

I am wondering if anybody could share some experiences with me about their driving experiences ? Does BMW quite often need maintenance comparing to Japanese cars, like Lexus or Subaru?

Also, could anybody share their experiences about negotiating tips at car dealership? How much discount should I start?

Thanks,
Old Nov 19th 2015, 8:12 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car reliability

Forget about a BMW
get one of the following : Lexus , Land Cruiser , Hyundai ( If you wanna save some )

Regards
Old Nov 19th 2015, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leannmean
Forget about a BMW get one of the following : Lexus , Land Cruiser , Hyundai ( If you wanna save some ) Regards
err whats wrong with getting a beemer....I have one and it's frigging awesome....but I haven't yet had to pay for anything since I brought it new and so I have the full service and warranty package.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 10:27 am
"The Seeker"

A BMW is an awesome car , however it tends to get a bit costly and the electronics / electrics are a bit of a nightmare , however , I agree with you , its a great car if purchased bran new , this is coming from a big fan of German cars but reliable is not an adjective that I would use to describe them
Old Nov 19th 2015, 10:40 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of years ago our neighbour bought a brand new 550, an awesome car, just one notch below an M5, but it had several trips to the dealer for problems with its electronics and he traded it after just a year without the problems ever being fixed.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 10:51 am
"The Seeker"

the thing with German cars is that you should do "preventive maintenance " and go and have your car checked periodically even if there is nothing wrong with it , usually people neither have the time nor the inclination to do that, that's why I say opt for Japanese / Korean cars , yes they are ugly , boring and usually under-powered but they get you from point A to Point B without a hitch
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

If you are buying new buy whatever you want and enjoy.

4 series convertible would be nice
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

super_hans is an unknown quantity at this point

If you were going to Dubai, for sure buy a BMW. As you're coming to Riyadh, personally I wouldn't, buy an SUV...Toyota or Hyundai. Just gives you better vision, more presence on the road and frankly more protection when someone drives into you....note, when not if.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by super_hans
If you were going to Dubai, for sure buy a BMW. As you're coming to Riyadh, personally I wouldn't, buy an SUV...Toyota or Hyundai. Just gives you better vision, more presence on the road and frankly more protection when someone drives into you....note, when not if.
haha thank you for the warning.
I do notice that the traffic situation is terrible there.
However, anybody has any suggestions about negotiating with dealers?
Old Nov 21st 2015, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

super_hans is an unknown quantity at this point

I took the simple route and lease from Budget, I just like the convenience. Talking to friends who have bought, if you're not fussy on colour and are happy with last years model then you can get a cracking deal. Basically, whatever they've had in stock for a while.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

Mazda CX-5... definitely not under-powered. Moves when I need it to and certainly isn't boring. In fact the whole new Mazda line are a definite improvement on what was around before. Built in Japan too.

Driving a Toyota Corolla for 6 years in Japan. Now that was boring.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
If you are buying new buy whatever you want and enjoy.

4 series convertible would be nice
I agree get a convertible in KSA and pull some bitches.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 2:08 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I agree get a convertible in KSA and pull some bitches.
I disagree. Rent a Nissan Sunny and broadside as many Landcruisers as your mood dictates, particularly the ones that try to drive you off the road. Only costs the rental excess, QAR 1,500 in my rental agreement. Toss the keys back a get a new, shiny one, infinitely more fun than pulling some bitches
Old Nov 21st 2015, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Maintenance for the German makes is pricey and spare parts are also expensive. Go Japanese.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for all the input.

I think I will go for the Lexus NX 200t BB. The retail price is 176,000 SR, which includes AWD and a number of active/passive safety system.

I think I will start the negotiation around 15% off the sticker price. Does make sense or I can go even lower?
Hope to save some money.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.