Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car registration renewal in A.D.

Car registration renewal in A.D.

Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

mysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud of
Default Car registration renewal in A.D.

Can anyone just confirm where I need to re-new my car reg. in AD please? The car co. did it for me when I bought last year. Looked on the AD police website and it gives names of places but not streets. I'm hoping its the traffic place on the corner of 25th (maybe 27th) where I got my DL but i live in DXB so its a while since I've been down there.

Cheers anyone for any info
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car registration renewal in A.D.

Its the same place you got your licence on 27th. After you enter, drive past the first building on your right, and you will see the testing place ahead of you. Pull up, go in, get a number, then queue for an inspection.

There are several more queues and numbers and payment desks to go through. Make sure you take your insurance certificate with you.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

mysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spart
Its the same place you got your licence on 27th. After you enter, drive past the first building on your right, and you will see the testing place ahead of you. Pull up, go in, get a number, then queue for an inspection.

There are several more queues and numbers and payment desks to go through. Make sure you take your insurance certificate with you.
Cheers! Much appreciated
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

as said its the traffic at muroor. off 27/25 and 2/4 sts. you go to building 3. park your car, go inside, if you are a woman, go to the ladies section, if you need to do a test, then there is a little cashier window, give him the money and gold card, he will give you a sheet of paper which tells you which lane to go back outside to, join up and then let the car go through the test, collect car at other end, go back inside and wait for the pass/fail at the desk by the door, then go back into the ladies section with paperwork and then go back to the desk next to the pass/fail for your gold card/sticker etc. jobs done for another year.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
as said its the traffic at muroor. off 27/25 and 2/4 sts. you go to building 3. park your car, go inside, if you are a woman, go to the ladies section, if you need to do a test, then there is a little cashier window, give him the money and gold card, he will give you a sheet of paper which tells you which lane to go back outside to, join up and then let the car go through the test, collect car at other end, go back inside and wait for the pass/fail at the desk by the door, then go back into the ladies section with paperwork and then go back to the desk next to the pass/fail for your gold card/sticker etc. jobs done for another year.
Thanks, don't think I need a test, my car is just 1 year old. The only paperwork I need according to the website is the new insurance doc, my gold reg card, passport (a copy of my visa and photo pages can't harm as everybody seems to want these!) and my cash.

As I've been here a little while though, the cynic in me says this info may POSSIBLY be out of date, so if anyone has been recently and was asked for more than the above please let me know, it'll save me an extra trip.

I may just take letters from my four grandparents, a picture of me in my second year at school, a stool sample and a kitten along just to be on the safe side...
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

I may just take letters from my four grandparents, a picture of me in my second year at school, a stool sample and a kitten along just to be on the safe side...[/QUOTE]

hahaha yes you have the "wit" of the ad red tape....

if the car is only 1 year no need for test. just go straight to ladies section. need no objection letter from sponsor (sometimes they need it sometimes not), passport/visa etc, insurance for 13 months, gold card.

if you are driving from dxb, you can do the re-reg in mussafah. only 2 men in the office so easy. its located at the adnoc on the mussafah road, there is also one closer to dxb as well in samah i believe. so there is no need to drive all the way into the ad town.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

just go straight to ladies section.
Cheers BB2, better not go to the ladies section as I'm a hairy bloke, missed that bit in your first reply. (The song "mysharona" was on the radio when I picked my username - could have been worse if Snoop Doggy Dogg was playing).

Will get a letter from my company just in case and try Mussafah. Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck- it's a nightmare.

I used to pay a company to do it for me- they'd pick the car up while I was at the office and bring it back all re-registered etc. And washed.

It cost three hundred back then, when I used ot have a car, dunno how much it is now.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seven seas

I used to pay a company to do it for me- they'd pick the car up while I was at the office and bring it back all re-registered etc. And washed.

It cost three hundred back then, when I used ot have a car, dunno how much it is now.
You don't remember a name do you please? An extra couple of hundred to not have to drive there, stand in queues etc sounds pretty good to me.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seven seas

i have always done our cars over the years..... it takes from start to finish less than half an hour, do it straight from school drop off.... and that includes the 10 mins gassing from certain ladies........ section..........
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

i have always done our cars over the years..... it takes from start to finish less than half an hour, do it straight from school drop off.... and that includes the 10 mins gassing from certain ladies........ section..........

30mins my arse. At least an hour. You queue, then you queue again, then its tested, then you queue, then you get the sticker for the plate
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
30mins my arse. At least an hour. You queue, then you queue again, then its tested, then you queue, then you get the sticker for the plate
yes 30 mins..... less when they stop "chatting". remember i go to the ladies section.... i know the procedure, have done many cars over the years, and i take "friends" up as well. 30 MINS or less never longer. you can also get the test done before it lasts for a whole 30 days, and then you can come back another day and do the paperwork, it doesnt have to be done on same day.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sticker for the plate, used to be out the back but then it was given to you when you pick up gold card, last time it was given to me in ladies section before going to pick up gold card...... obviously having to walk out the back added what 2 mins to the time.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

calling me a liar are you?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

BB2: calm down now- nobody's callign you a liar. I think we all know that there is no guarantee that anything will ever take any specific amount of time, a simple transaction may require two hours' wait and some big things may be sorted out in a few moments. It's blind luck.

It is the element of uncertainty, and the proximity of rectum-scratching phlegm-hawkers that I paid to avoid. The guy gave me a call, arrived fifteen minutes later to take the keys, and brought the car back by the end of the working day after phoning ahead to make sure I was still at work. I don't CARE how long it took him.

It may seem childish, but I wouldn't want to spend five minutes in that place, let alone thirty. I have more important things to do, and I certainly don't want to spend an hour driving there and back (plus another half an hour of parking hassles).

Worth a hundred? I'd pay five hundred , considering how unpleasant parking and driving have become. And considering how much more of a pompous arrogant twat I've become, and how I have infinitely more important things to do with my time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.