Reload this Page >

Car Registration Dubai - Sharjah Visa

Car Registration Dubai - Sharjah Visa

Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Superdarts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Registration Dubai - Sharjah Visa

Hi

Can anyone help? I have heard that it is better to register a car in Dubai rather than Sharjah. I live in Dubai and work in Sharjah, therefore have a Sharjah visa.

Can anyone advise if this is possible and if there are any differences between registering in Dubai or Sharjah??

Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Registration Dubai - Sharjah Visa

Technically you have to register your car in the Emirate that you reside. We have AD visas but live in Dubai and my car is registered in Dubai. All you need to take with you is your tennancy agreement or a DEWA bill, saying that they are yet to ask me for a copy of mine!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Technically you have to register your car in the Emirate that you reside. We have AD visas but live in Dubai and my car is registered in Dubai. All you need to take with you is your tennancy agreement or a DEWA bill, saying that they are yet to ask me for a copy of mine!
BC is correct, you will need proof that you live in Dubai that is all, I have to agree it is far easier to register in Dubai than Sharjah
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Tenancy agreement is in the company name.
I have 1 Du bill in my Husbands name – you think this will be ok?

Doesn’t look like I will get back to the garage today as I’m waiting for my pay to be transferred - work sent it on the 27th and its still not showing in my account (Commercial bank of Dubai) Last months only took 1 day.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby had great difficulties with our cars, both are in his name, one is registered in Sharjah because we were told his visa is Sharjah therefore the car must be registered there. We got one done then found out we could not register two cars under one name in Sharjah. Our agreement is in the company name, they had to write a letter or something like that to get the other car registered in Dubai - but I know of a few people from his work that are having and have had major problems registering the car in Dubai with a Sharjah visa.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Superdarts
Tenancy agreement is in the company name.
I have 1 Du bill in my Husbands name – you think this will be ok?

Doesn’t look like I will get back to the garage today as I’m waiting for my pay to be transferred - work sent it on the 27th and its still not showing in my account (Commercial bank of Dubai) Last months only took 1 day.
don't take tennancy, just take Du bill and passport copies, you go not him, women get away with more. Play dumb when the start questioning you, you will get it sorted.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Just had a nightmare at the registration office. I had a letter from my employer, a letter from my husbands employer + a DU bill which has my husbands name and our Dubai address but my husbands work PO box because they pay the bills + my DEWA bill with the same. Non of which were accepted.

I now have temporary Dubai plates and need to register in Sharjah ASAP – not sure when they are open again 12th??

Also can’t really drive the car because I can’t sign up for SALIK until I have the official registration documents.

As an aside – still don’t have my salary through when my work sent it on the 27th from the Marsequ (??) bank to the Commercial Bank of Dubai when the same transfer took 1 day last month.

All in all not the best of days.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:21 pm
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

i worked at sharjah airport with sharjah visa but had the car registered in Dubai where i lived......cant recall having any problems.