Car, people, car!

Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car, people, car!

Ok folks, the time is rapidly coming for me to actually buy a car here in Dubai. For the last 2.5 months I've been driving a piece of shit Lancer with terrible gas mileage and an awful acceleration that's almost cost me my life a few times (and I'm paying 2600 AED/month for this privilege, just shoot me, will you?).

Now: car. A car. What kind of car should I buy? 4x4? Something small? Pros and cons of new or second hand? Worth it to plunge on a more expensive car or best to toe to the cheap line and get something inexpensive? I'm flexible on monthly payments, and can pay anything from 1,000 AED to 2800 AED month. What kind of car can I reasonably expect to look at in that price range? Any reputable dealerships? What are the resale values of certain cars versus others (will a Pajero command a better resale value in three years, should I decide to bail out of Dubai pending the property crash?). All advice welcome.

A few things about myself: 28 years old, I wouldn't mind something useful for camping trips in the desert or Oman, but I don't know how often I'd actually go off-road. I also don't need something amazingly fast.

Regards,

Ethos
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:27 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car, people, car!

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Ok folks, the time is rapidly coming for me to actually buy a car here in Dubai. For the last 2.5 months I've been driving a piece of shit Lancer with terrible gas mileage and an awful acceleration that's almost cost me my life a few times (and I'm paying 2600 AED/month for this privilege, just shoot me, will you?).

Now: car. A car. What kind of car should I buy? 4x4? Something small? Pros and cons of new or second hand? Worth it to plunge on a more expensive car or best to toe to the cheap line and get something inexpensive? I'm flexible on monthly payments, and can pay anything from 1,000 AED to 2800 AED month. What kind of car can I reasonably expect to look at in that price range? Any reputable dealerships? What are the resale values of certain cars versus others (will a Pajero command a better resale value in three years, should I decide to bail out of Dubai pending the property crash?). All advice welcome.

A few things about myself: 28 years old, I wouldn't mind something useful for camping trips in the desert or Oman, but I don't know how often I'd actually go off-road. I also don't need something amazingly fast.

Regards,

Ethos
Buy a bike and enjoy life!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Regards,

Ethos
Toyota Prado...Boring yes, but you're not looking for glamour...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Confucius
Toyota Prado...Boring yes, but you're not looking for glamour...
Or a Fortuner if money is a little tighter

The 2008 are VERY nice!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

C350AMG is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards,

Ethos
Hi

2800 AED loan at 4.5% over 5 years will get you 168000 loan

If you put balance your self, you can buy my car. See the link below.

http://britishexpats.com/classifieds...4&limit=recent
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssuh
Or a Fortuner if money is a little tighter

The 2008 are VERY nice!
One of my colleagues has one...I shit my pants one time...He was nearly out of control while braking...Not to be driven over 50 km/h....
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by C350AMG
Hi

2800 AED loan at 4.5% over 5 years will get you 168000 loan

If you put balance your self, you can buy my car. See the link below.

Colour???
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Colour???
Its Metalic Black, See add in classified's section of this forum or click on the link below:
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its Metalic Black, See add in classified's section of this forum or click on the link below:
I don't understand why you want to sell a car like that...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

I don't understand why you want to sell a car like that...
I need 4x4 due to work requirements, car is mint I park it underground cark park and its well looked after
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I need 4x4 due to work requirements, car is mint I park it underground cark park and its well looked after
I see...Good luck offloading it...Heard it was 205K at the dealers, brand new???
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

I see...Good luck offloading it...Heard it was 205K at the dealers, brand new???
Noops 220k with all options
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Noops 220k with all options
I see...Thank you for the info but I don't like Red cars...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

I see...Thank you for the info but I don't like Red cars...
Neither do I thats why mine is BLACK
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Neither do I thats why mine is BLACK
I know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.