British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Car Loans in UAE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/car-loans-uae-571719/)

ssuh Nov 7th 2008 12:09 pm

Car Loans in UAE

First time car purchaser here and looking for a car loan at the moment. Couple of weeks back somebody was saying about a 3.99% deal with one of the banks?

Well I can't find it - so does anybody know of any particularly good deals out there at the moment.....those loans to avoid etc.

Thanks in advance:thumbup:

IndieG Nov 7th 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Car Loans in UAE

Do a search on this - I've written quite a bit on car loans and banks to avoid...

busybee2 Nov 7th 2008 1:15 pm

car loans are not 3.99 as they are not shown as apr rates, so it usually works out nearer the 8% mark, our loan with adcb taken out 2 years ago so cheaper i believe than now is apr of 7.38

ssuh Nov 7th 2008 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6949752)
car loans are not 3.99 as they are not shown as apr rates, so it usually works out nearer the 8% mark, our loan with adcb taken out 2 years ago so cheaper i believe than now is apr of 7.38

Thanks.......did think 3.99 was low - so is that what they call 'flat rate':confused:

IndieG - searched but couldn't find much...will keep looking :)

Eva Nov 7th 2008 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by ssuh (Post 6949840)
Thanks.......did think 3.99 was low - so is that what they call 'flat rate':confused:

IndieG - searched but couldn't find much...will keep looking :)

There you go...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...Personal+Loans

busybee2 Nov 7th 2008 2:16 pm

yep think its called flat rate, but you ask what the apr is and see the difference:blink:

ssuh Nov 7th 2008 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 6949894)

Thanks Eva!

NoughtyBoy Nov 7th 2008 8:36 pm

hii
am working in al tayer motors - Sales advisor
the 3.99 was existed before yes..but not now any more
most of the banks increased the rate laterly (2 weeks ago)
now the cheapest is 4.5% for the new cars, and i think 4.75 for the used cars (am not sure coz i work in the new cars only)

plus.. now days after the financing problem came up..the banks using new rules (more deficult) your company should be listed, clean history ..and so

with wich bank you are banking? or to wich bank your salary get transfer
if you like i can help you in that thru the bankers which i deal with (i am dealing with 5 banks: standard chartard, emirates bank, mashreq bank, dubai islamic bank, emirates islamic bank)
i can help...send me PM

cheers

CeeBee Nov 8th 2008 5:41 am

Originally Posted by NoughtyBoy (Post 6951318)
hii
am working in al tayer motors - Sales advisor
the 3.99 was existed before yes..but not now any more
most of the banks increased the rate laterly (2 weeks ago)
now the cheapest is 4.5% for the new cars, and i think 4.75 for the used cars (am not sure coz i work in the new cars only)

plus.. now days after the financing problem came up..the banks using new rules (more deficult) your company should be listed, clean history ..and so

with wich bank you are banking? or to wich bank your salary get transfer
if you like i can help you in that thru the bankers which i deal with (i am dealing with 5 banks: standard chartard, emirates bank, mashreq bank, dubai islamic bank, emirates islamic bank)
i can help...send me PM

cheers

Just had mine approved through HSBC who i bank with. One of the most painless things i've ever done. Rate is around 4.8% i think.

Roadking Nov 8th 2008 8:35 am

Really easy to calculate your flat rate. Multiply your payments by the number of payments to be made. Deduct the amount you are borrowing. Divide the balance by the amount you are borrowing as a % and divide by the number of years the loan is over. Simple!
2'000 per month over 48 months on an 80'000 loan is 5% flat.
Just reverse to calculate your payments on a flat rate and balance.
Doesn't mean much but it's easy to do. :thumbup:

Alen1 Nov 8th 2008 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 6952477)
Really easy to calculate your flat rate. Multiply your payments by the number of payments to be made. Deduct the amount you are borrowing. Divide the balance by the amount you are borrowing as a % and divide by the number of years the loan is over. Simple!
2'000 per month over 48 months on an 80'000 loan is 5% flat.
Just reverse to calculate your payments on a flat rate and balance.
Doesn't mean much but it's easy to do. :thumbup:

Eh?

Roadking Nov 8th 2008 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Alen1 (Post 6953030)
Eh?

Guess that should read; relatively easy to do. ;)

NoughtyBoy Nov 8th 2008 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 6952264)
Just had mine approved through HSBC who i bank with. One of the most painless things i've ever done. Rate is around 4.8% i think.

4.8% is the avarage rate now days
which car you gona buy ??

gomez10 Jan 28th 2009 4:46 am

Hey its better to ask directly where you are going to get the loan.They will tell you about the lower interest rate.I think most of them are providing 8% interest and i am not sure about it.
------------------------
gomez

Car Loans