Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car Loan versus Personal Loan

Car Loan versus Personal Loan

Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Loan versus Personal Loan

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
OK, lets say for example you want to buy a 4X4 with a list price of 100,000Dhm. If you want Sat Nav, different alloys and tints and that adds up to another 10,000, you can only finance the base price of 100,000Dhm. So, you get friendly with the dealer and when he provides a quote for your bank, he inflates the base cost of the car to show no accessories to 110,000Dhm.
That's being done since ages...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:31 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking at a V6 Charger, but possibly a Hemi. Having said that, Insell is getting me round to the Idea of a Stang.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:34 pm

I haven't been here ages!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been here ages!
Learn something new everyday...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:35 pm

Yeah, at the moment, the lesson of the day is I hate Toyota Yaris's!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I see that you've already started the intensive course...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

I'm looking at a V6 Charger, but possibly a Hemi. Having said that, Insell is getting me round to the Idea of a Stang.
Sounds like there's plenty of choice anyways. Only thing is insurance is around the 7% mark for the stangs.

It'd be rude not to get a V8 though.....when in Rome - unless you're an eco activist.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:20 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Having said that, Insell is getting me round to the Idea of a Stang.
Thinking of joining the Stang Gang?

You are Saxondale and I claim my £5
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:10 pm

Right, been told complete crap, personal loan is approaching 10% but decreasing. It is cheaper to get finance through a dealer somewhere. Sorry for misleading info, but we have a compulsive ullshitter at work! Means I'm stuck with the Charger!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Right, been told complete crap, personal loan is approaching 10% but decreasing. It is cheaper to get finance through a dealer somewhere. Sorry for misleading info, but we have a compulsive ullshitter at work! Means I'm stuck with the Charger!
Dealers don't do financing...They all have tie-ups with banks...
And being at BMW, they are morally obliged to give you one...You never see an Armani salesman wearing a D&G shirt do you???
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:10 am

True Conf, but the deal you get through the dealer will be cheaper than a personal loan. You just have to go through the writing umpteen cheques routine. I'll let you know when I've done it!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:10 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fruitbat1970
My company is changing its Company car policy and insisting that we buy our own cars and then will be paid an allowance, ok in theory (well kind of) but it means an initial outlay...

In the Uk i would take a personal loan out in preference to a car loan, but here things may be slightly different so therefore i ask the following questions

1. car loan or personal loan- benefits, disadvantages
2. with either of these is it possible to pay it off quicker than the loan period (ie a monthly top up)

Thanks in anticipation
I've got a good deal, I get roughly 20% off the car I'm buying as the company I work for owns the car dealership, so I get it and the finance they give us (which they sort out 100%) works out over 12, 24 or 36 months and you pay 5% on it.

I'm hoping to sell it in a year and a half and get most of the money back or even maybe make a profit on it.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:11 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

we've got one of those on hire, pile of shite they are, they ahrdly move at all.