Car leasing

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

dundonald is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car leasing

Hi All

looking for some upto date leasing figures for 4x4.

Anyone got some data they can share ?

Thx
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car leasing

Give us a clue to where you are ?? Abu Dhabi, Dubai Kuwait. Saudi. or still in Snowed in UK.
This might just help with an answer.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dundonald
Hi All

Thx
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thx
tried the major players like Hertz etc?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Give us a clue to where you are ?? Abu Dhabi, Dubai Kuwait. Saudi. or still in Snowed in UK.
This might just help with an answer.
Not quite snowwed in but definately frozen to the bones, unlike you guys in the sandpit...all I am after is an idea if a 500 GBP per month allowance is enough to lease or buy a car. I figure you guys out there must have some knowledge, hopefully you will pass on the benefits ...

cheers..

Mike
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
tried the major players like Hertz etc?
ok mabe not the best description of what I am looking for...so lets try this

lease a car or buy a car...normally I would buy a car but the budget on offer is only 500GBP per month, now in the UK that I woudl say woudl proabably get me a very good deal, given I only pay 210 per month for a brand new A3 ( albeit a basic sport model) but what will 500 GBP per month purchase over there? Is it likely to be enough, and of course I guess the follow on questions are , whats car insurance costs like.

Any advice is welcomed.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I did a quick analysis earlier in the year for a Passat 2.0 over 3 years:

Lease: 3,350 pcm = 120,600 over 3 years
inclusive of insurance, servicing and tyres

Purchase: 110,000
Residual (50,000)
Insurance 12,600
Servicing 4,800
Tyres 2,400
Finance 11,500
Total 91,350

This was from a company perspective. We concluded fairly easily that we're better off buying.

Mitsubishi seem to have pretty good offers.

What you may need to factor in is mileage--check both lease and warranty conditions if you're gonna be doing a lot of miles.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Car insurance works out about 5% of Purchase price - there are no claims discounts once you've had a policy here for a number of years, but no discount is given for any no claims you have in UK.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I did a quick analysis earlier in the year for a Passat 2.0 over 3 years:

Lease: 3,350 pcm = 120,600 over 3 years
inclusive of insurance, servicing and tyres

Purchase: 110,000
Residual (50,000)
Insurance 12,600
Servicing 4,800
Tyres 2,400
Finance 11,500
Total 91,350

This was from a company perspective. We concluded fairly easily that we're better off buying.

Mitsubishi seem to have pretty good offers.
What you may need to factor in is mileage--check both lease and warranty conditions if you're gonna be doing a lot of miles.
used to! I got NOTHING from them when I ordered by new car which thanks to HSBC is still not here!
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:17 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

used to! I got NOTHING from them when I ordered by new car which thanks to HSBC is still not here!
Don't get me started on HSBC...
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:19 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Don't get me started on HSBC...
this is the first time we have had any issues with them, any more shit and I am writing to the National about them!
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid cash for my Pajero. Went into Al Habtoor with the check made out to the full amount we'd earlier agreed upon along with some bank guarantee they needed for the insurance stuff, and was told that they were too busy and to come back the next day

I had the cash! Who turns down the cash!

Then the next day some blighter of a salesman had the cheek to ask for an extra 1K for miscellaneous expenses that he "forgot" to tell me. I told him off and said if he couldn't show me a document with the sum on it I wasn't paying anything.

Apparently this "scam" happened to a few friends who bought at other dealerships - the salesman slips an extra 1K on the bill and usually asks for it in cash. Since you're desperate to get the car out of the dealership you usually just go along with it.

All in all, had good experiences with Al Habtoor since then. Never any issues with servicing.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

this is the first time we have had any issues with them, any more shit and I am writing to the National about them!
...so are you saying there cabn be problems getting finance on a car!!! is this a general problem or just HSBC? just curious as the contract on offer is for three years so buying would probably make more sense than leasing....but then again if lots of problems with finances and back handers being required then maybe not...what about haggling witht he dealers I read on anothert forum they generally dont do much, is that the case?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

...so are you saying there cabn be problems getting finance on a car!!! is this a general problem or just HSBC? just curious as the contract on offer is for three years so buying would probably make more sense than leasing....but then again if lots of problems with finances and back handers being required then maybe not...what about haggling witht he dealers I read on anothert forum they generally dont do much, is that the case?
I would see how your contract goes first before even thinking about taking finance on a new car. The term "three year contract" doesn't mean much here and some "three year contracts" can be over in 6 months! IMO it's best to rent for a few months and see how it goes. The 500 GBP is about the norm for a car allowance.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by soukie
I would see how your contract goes first before even thinking about taking finance on a new car. The term "three year contract" doesn't mean much here and some "three year contracts" can be over in 6 months! IMO it's best to rent for a few months and see how it goes. The 500 GBP is about the norm for a car allowance.
Thx for he info..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.