British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   car insurance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/car-insurance-541555/)

ximmyx Jun 6th 2008 12:06 pm

car insurance

can somebody please give me an idea of the car insurnace in dubai for a 4x4?

i'm 23 years old so would be quite expensive im guessin.

how much am i looking to pay?

thank you in advance

lionheart Jun 6th 2008 12:12 pm

Re: car insurance

A strange place to ask! How about asking AXA or RSA for a quote?

Blue Cat Jun 6th 2008 12:40 pm

it is worked out on a % of the price of the car, can't remember what the % is though :(

busybee2 Jun 6th 2008 1:43 pm

axa usually charge 4% for a car and 5% for a 4x4 on value but some cars do get charged a premium and terms etc,

Eeyore Jun 6th 2008 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ximmyx (Post 6440742)

i'm 23 years old so would be quite expensive im guessin

As has been said, speak to an insurance company - preferably several. The price is really just a percentage of the car's value, but some companies will bump up the premium for younger drivers (under 25) and so on.

Provide proof of your no-claims bonus from your existing insurer and you might get a better deal from a UAE insurer.

fsazhar Jun 6th 2008 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by ximmyx (Post 6440742)

i'm 23 years old so would be quite expensive im guessin.

how much am i looking to pay?

thank you in advance

Try AXA they accept no claims discount from UK, you will need no claims letter from your previous insurance provider in UK. They offered me 3.75% of the value of the car.

CeeBee Jun 8th 2008 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by fsazhar (Post 6441446)
Try AXA they accept no claims discount from UK, you will need no claims letter from your previous insurance provider in UK. They offered me 3.75% of the value of the car.

Who decides how much the car is valued at? I mean, do they have the equivelent of Parkers guides over there?

Your insurance company might say your (say) mustang is valued at 130k where as you might have only paid 100k. See what i'm sayin?

Eeyore Jun 8th 2008 5:45 pm

For new cars, they use the dealer invoice price. Never bought a second-hand car out here, so don't know if they apply their own valuation or ask you to provide evidence of what you paid.

Inselaffen Jun 8th 2008 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 6447086)
Who decides how much the car is valued at? I mean, do they have the equivelent of Parkers guides over there?

Your insurance company might say your (say) mustang is valued at 130k where as you might have only paid 100k. See what i'm sayin?

if they don't agree with your valuation just take the car to the dealer and get a valuation certificate.

Confucius Jun 8th 2008 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6440873)
it is worked out on a % of the price of the car, can't remember what the % is though :(

The % thing is global...And is for both sexes,male AND female...

Confucius Jun 8th 2008 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Eeyore (Post 6447210)
For new cars, they use the dealer invoice price. Never bought a second-hand car out here, so don't know if they apply their own valuation or ask you to provide evidence of what you paid.

They calculate the market yearly depreciation rate...Anyway, LH should know...He writes under papers...