Car Dumping

Old May 21st 2005, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Car Dumping

I have stories about nice cars being dumped at Dubai airports ans expats call it a day. Anyone know how easy it is to get hold of one of these, apart from of course arriving with a brick in your suitcase.

Plus do the car dumpers ever get caught up with?
Old May 21st 2005, 8:46 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Dumping

Originally Posted by Majj
I have stories about nice cars being dumped at Dubai airports ans expats call it a day. Anyone know how easy it is to get hold of one of these, apart from of course arriving with a brick in your suitcase.

Plus do the car dumpers ever get caught up with?

I think JD said something about those cars once. A place where u can go look for them to actually buy them off.

Give it sometime Majj and someone will def give u a positive answer

By the way Welcome to the forum
Old May 21st 2005, 9:04 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone explain to me how this works, are these short term residents or something?
Old May 21st 2005, 9:09 am
W10

I have been told that a lot of people who lose their jobs just pack and run, leaving their debts behind them.

I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

Old May 21st 2005, 9:25 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I have been told that a lot of people who lose their jobs just pack and run, leaving their debts behind them.

I'm sure there are other reasons as well.
I thought when u leave u need an exit permit ... or is the exit permit only happen in Doha???
Old May 21st 2005, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

In UAE, as a resident, you are free to come and go as you please.
However, if you leave without ending your visa -- your sponsor will lose their "deposit" they put on you when they hired you. It may also cause issues for you when you try to become a resident elsewhere.

As for those cars, it's not like there are hundreds of them getting dropped off. But the ones that get picked up go to an auction facility in the direction of Hatta. They don't go for incredibly cheap. Considering you have no idea how screwed up it might be.

Your best bet is to keep your ears open for someone who is leaving, and ask for their keys. ( hey it could work! )

In fact - I need a car too.
Old May 21st 2005, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
In UAE, as a resident, you are free to come and go as you please.
However, if you leave without ending your visa -- your sponsor will lose their "deposit" they put on you when they hired you. It may also cause issues for you when you try to become a resident elsewhere.

As for those cars, it's not like there are hundreds of them getting dropped off. But the ones that get picked up go to an auction facility in the direction of Hatta. They don't go for incredibly cheap. Considering you have no idea how screwed up it might be.

Your best bet is to keep your ears open for someone who is leaving, and ask for their keys. ( hey it could work! )

In fact - I need a car too.

Good Afternoon Everyone
About less than 3 years ago,a friend of mine left the country,for good at the time,and left his 6 month old Pug 206 at the airport.Main reason was,as he wanted to come clean with the bank,they asked for the car plus around AED6,000 in administrative expenses ,so he thought why give them the car plus money on top and just flew off and when he got back home,called them up and told them to go and collect the car.At least he was nice to the bank.
Nobody called him afterwards,meaning that they did not pursue the case outside of the UAE,even though they have his residence adress and phone number and everything in Lebanon.
After about a year,he decided to come back,which he did,and after 14 months now,nobody has called him up to demand anything relating to that car.
So this serves the purpose that,most of the time,banks do not see the benefit of pursuing anyone for leaving an unpaid for car behind.
I am not encouraging anyone on doing this though,Alright?????!!!!!
Old May 21st 2005, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you loud and clear.

So.. I should go pick my Pug after work today?
Sounds like a sweet little deal, my friend.

Originally Posted by shoushou
I am not encouraging anyone on doing this though,Alright?????!!!!!
Old May 21st 2005, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

I hear you loud and clear.

So.. I should go pick my Pug after work today?
Sounds like a sweet little deal, my friend.

Patience my friend.
Youre the first in line for a 2003 VW Golf,but thats for next year though
Old May 21st 2005, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Cool!

Originally Posted by shoushou
Patience my friend.
Youre the first in line for a 2003 VW Golf,but thats for next year though
Old May 21st 2005, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cool!

Burpus,what are your thoughts about leasing a car,say a Pug 206/307???
Old May 21st 2005, 7:11 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

In UAE, as a resident, you are free to come and go as you please
Don't some companies try and insist on retaining their expat staff's passports, partly to prevent employees doing an unexpected runner?

In any event, the evidence seems to suggest that the UAE doesn't share information about credit history/bad debts etc with other countries, so if you *do* cut and run, it probably won't cause you any problems back home.

Last edited by Eeyore; May 21st 2005 at 7:14 pm.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Some companies do keep passports.
Mine doesn't. Maybe I should get a Pug and piss off in 6 months?

Originally Posted by GarethR
Don't some companies try and insist on retaining their expat staff's passports, partly to prevent employees doing an unexpected runner?

In any event, the evidence seems to suggest that the UAE doesn't share information about credit history/bad debts etc with other countries, so if you *do* cut and run, it probably won't cause you any problems back home.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Some companies do keep passports.
Mine doesn't. Maybe I should get a Pug and piss off in 6 months?

I encourage you on your good thoughts Burpus
And you should take the keys with you as well
Old May 22nd 2005, 3:24 am
W10

Maybe I should get a Pug and piss off in 6 months?
I would. They are seriously ugly dogs. I'd be gone within a day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.