car crash

Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default car crash

Ok, I've had another little prang. A taxi went into the back of me and the kind police officer gave me the pink slip so I'm at fault.

Now, there is almost no damage to the Party Pajero with the new scratches at the back are simply complimenting the ones at the front so I'm not going to bother getting it fixed. The taxi lost a hub-cap, got a dent and a few scratches.

Do I have to do anything? I'm not getting it fixed, so do I need to give AXA a call or can I just leave it?

Last edited by Millhouse; Jan 1st 2011 at 2:46 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car crash

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Ok, I've had another little prang. A taxi went into the back of me and the kind police officer gave me the pink slip so I'm at fault.

Now, there is almost no damage to the Party Pajero with the new scratches at the back simply complimenting the ones at the front so I'm not going to bother getting it fixed. The taxi lost a hub-cap, got a dent and a few scratches.

Do I have to do anything? I'm not getting it fixed, so do I need to give AXA a call or can I just leave it?
if its your fault then mr taxi man will be wanting his car fixing? yes you need to call axa and they will sort him out, if you were not going to be bothered with your car etc, then yes you dont need to do anything. were you in ab dabs or dxb, as in ab dabs you will have a fine if it was not a red and white if it was the saeed ones, and then you will have to pay that whenyou register your car (unless you have already changed over to dxb plates??)
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
if its your fault then mr taxi man will be wanting his car fixing? yes you need to call axa and they will sort him out, if you were not going to be bothered with your car etc, then yes you dont need to do anything. were you in ab dabs or dxb, as in ab dabs you will have a fine if it was not a red and white if it was the saeed ones, and then you will have to pay that whenyou register your car (unless you have already changed over to dxb plates??)
interesting - Is the fine a new thing? We never got a fine when we smacked up the other car (in AD on AD plates)

The accident was in Dubai and the car is now on Dubai plates.

So the conclusion is (I think) I need to give them a call. Thanks.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Why would anyone care if they are deemed at fault or not?

With three car accidents here- I've never been witness to the much-hyped "you're not from round here, it was your fault". The getting hit from behind scenario is pretty open-and-shut so how did they figure it was your fault?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Now, there is almost no damage to the Party Pajero with the new scratches at the back are simply complimenting the ones at the front so I'm not going to bother getting it fixed. The taxi lost a hub-cap, got a dent and a few scratches.

why not get yours fixed? who wants to buy a second hand Pajero with scratches and bumps, that's what insurance is for
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seven seas

With three car accidents here- I've never been witness to the much-hyped "you're not from round here, it was your fault". The getting hit from behind scenario is pretty open-and-shut so how did they figure it was your fault?
You would think that.

I was changing lanes at the time (I was indicating) and so it was deemed my fault as I wasn't going in a straight line. The truth is that he accelerated to close the gap and I could not pull back into my old space or so down. So he went into me. 50:50 case really.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
why not get yours fixed? who wants to buy a second hand Pajero with scratches and bumps, that's what insurance is for
you haven't seen my pajero. every panel has a scratch and dent now from where it was parked on-road in AD. It needs a full respray.

The annoying thing is that I have just had it polished to remove all the concrete lumps off it to make it look a bit better.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

interesting - Is the fine a new thing? We never got a fine when we smacked up the other car (in AD on AD plates)

The accident was in Dubai and the car is now on Dubai plates.

So the conclusion is (I think) I need to give them a call. Thanks.
if you are seen to by the traffic red and white then no fine but if a saeed comes out they will "charge" you a fine it used to be 500 but i think they have since reduced down to 300 but as you are in dxb then thats fine.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seven seas

usually its the guy at the back who is blamed well in ab dabs at any case, usually......
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

You would think that.

I was changing lanes at the time (I was indicating) and so it was deemed my fault as I wasn't going in a straight line. The truth is that he accelerated to close the gap and I could not pull back into my old space or so down. So he went into me. 50:50 case really.
Idiots like that make you realise why people maneuver, then indicate. No point in giving them warning you're about to pull in and insult their masculinity till it's too late.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but then you pay more next year in your premium when its really not worth it, it will get more for sure.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Idiots like that make you realise why people maneuver, then indicate. No point in giving them warning you're about to pull in and insult their masculinity till it's too late.
exactly. In fairness, I don't normally indicate - I don't know what came over me!
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

exactly. In fairness, I don't normally indicate - I don't know what came over me!
Camel milk?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:57 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
usually its the guy at the back who is blamed well in ab dabs at any case, usually......
It's that way all over the world...if you slam into someone from behind you were either not looking, driving too close/too fast or a combination thereof.

Until things like tailgating are illegal and the police start pulling people over and slapping big fines on them this sort of thing will continue to be common.

N.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It's that way all over the world...if you slam into someone from behind you were either not looking, driving too close/too fast or a combination thereof.

Until things like tailgating are illegal and the police start pulling people over and slapping big fines on them this sort of thing will continue to be common.

N.
yes i know thats the case all over, but quite often its the people in front doing stupid stuff that causes, for eg, long time ago i had just moved over here, was pregnant and had a 2 year old in the back, was parked at RED traffic lights, and hear this screech of brakes from behind, you guessed it somebody obviously not paying attention and crash!!! so really it was the taxi driver who hit me faults and then everyone who was obviously driving too close but the guy at the back was the one to blame!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.